sweet dreams, angel [thirteen]

An emotionally and physically exhausted Madison tosses her school bag on the floor and falls face first onto the bed. Melissa McCall looks in.

"You too?" She calls out. Madison lazily cranes her neck to look at Melissa.

"Huh?"

"Late shift again for me, but I'm taking a night off to see your game." Melissa grins, proud. Both of her babies were in first line. Madison felt a little guilty since she wasn't really the daughter she knew.

"Mom, I really don't think-"

"I can and I will. One shift won't break us. Not completely. And what's wrong with your eyes?" Melissa asks. Madison's heart races. Were they glowing?

"What's wrong with my eyes?" Madison sits up, slightly alarmed. She would feel if her eyes were glowing, right?

"You and Scott both need to get some sleep." Melissa says, Madison internally sighs in relief. "I can see your eyebags from here."

"How kind of you, mom?" Madison sarcastically smiles.

Melissa walks out of the room, but retracks her steps, "Also, is Scott on drugs?"

Madison snorts in laughter. She stops when she sees Melissa stand there with her mom's look. "I don't... think so?" She answers, more like a question. Could werewolves get high?

"You don't think so?" Melissa gapes. "Are you on drugs?"

Madison thinks for a second. She was too tired to answer properly, "Right now?"

"What do you mean 'right now'?" Melissa scolds. "Have you ever taken drugs?" Madison's brain really was malfunctioning. She couldn't think of a good answer,

"Have you?"

A question she clearly doesn't want to answer.

"Get some sleep." Melissa avoids the question.

Car keys in hand, Melissa leaves. Scott yells for Madison to come to his room.

"No!" Madison yells back, burying her face into the bed.

"I'll tell Stiles that you-"

Madison cuts Scott off, "I will pull a Kai Parker." Apparently, the Vampire Diaries was Scott's guilty pleasure. Scott mumbles something under his breath. Madison was bored anyway.

She drags herself up from the bed, going to Scott's dirty room. As she enters, Scott hits the mouse on his computer. A chair was already pulled up next to his seat. The moment it wakes, a web chat invitation from Stiles pops up. Scott hits accept and Stiles appears in the window. Madison wasn't in the webcam, so Stiles didn't know she was there.

"What'd you find out?" Scott asks.

"It's bad." Stiles informs. "Jackson's got a separated shoulder."

Madison's jaw drops, "Wow, Scotty. I'm impressed." Stiles jumps at the voice of Madison's voice.

"Why didn't you tell me she was there?" Stiles whined. Madison peaks her head into the camera. Stiles grins at the sight of her face.

"It wasn't important." Scott shrugs. "Anyway, is he going to be able to play?" If Jackson doesn't play then the team was screwed. Especially when Madison and Scott weren't allowed to play.

"They don't know yet. But now they're all counting on you, Madison, and Olivia for Saturday..." Stiles trails off. Stiles pauses mid-sentence. Then comes closer to the webcam window, squinting his eyes at it. He seems to be looking at something in Scott's room.

"What?" Scott asks.

A text window pops up on Scott's screen. Stiles types:

'It looks like-'

The cursor turns into a spinning wheel, the computer momentarily hung up. Stiles's webcam image freezes.

"It looks like what?" Scott impatiently says. Madison looks into the camera facing towards them. Something was off. A moment later, the cursor finally stops spinning and the rest of the text appears:

'It looks like someone's behind you.'

Scott and Madison glance at each other. Both of them stopped breathing. They don't turn around. Staying very still, their eyes move to their own image in the bottom corner of the webcam window. He slowly clicks the mouse, resizing the window, making it larger and larger until- they sees his own reflected face, an expression of pure fear on it. And behind him- a strange silhouette. Someone is standing there in the shadows of his room. The twins spin around and Derek grabs them, yanking them away from the desk, sending the laptop clattering to the floor. Dragging them up, he slams Scott face first to the wall, while he gripped Madison to his chest. Her back was to his chest, making it harder to break free from his iron-grip.

"Hands off, you pervert." Madison tries to fight his grip, but to no avail.

"I saw you on the field." Derek grits out, jaw clenched. Madison rolls her eyes, "I know. You weren't very hidden, handsome." She didn't need to see his face to know he was glaring at her.

Scott, however, was clueless as ever, "What? What are you talking-"

"You shifted in front of them." Derek scoffs. "If they find out what you are, they find out about me. About all of us. Then it's not just hunters after us. It's everyone."

"But they didn't see." Scott mumbles, cheek still pushed against the wall. Madison spoke up, "Yeah, everyone was too distracted with Jackson. No one saw-"

"And they won't. Because if you guys try to play that game Saturday..." Derek comes terrifyingly close, right next to Madison's ear. "I'll kill you myself, gorgeous."

He lets go of Madison, pushing her towards the bed. She fell face first at the sudden movements. He, then, pulls Scott from the wall and sends him tumbling across the room. When Scott looks up from the floor and Madison looks up from the bed- Derek is gone. The bedroom window lies open where he must have leapt with incredible speed, leaving Scott and Madison alone in the younger McCall's room. And both of them shaking in fear...

~~~~~~~~~

Madison called Stiles the second she entered her room. She knew he would overthink like crazy if she didn't, and knowing Scott, he wouldn't call Stiles. He answered the phone in one ring.

"Angel!" Stiles yells through the phone. "Thank god. I was so worried. Are you okay? Do I need to call my dad? Are you hurt? Are-"

"Stiles!" Madison giggles. Her heart swells at his ranting. "I'm fine. It was just Derek."

"What did he want? Oh my god, if he laid a hand on you, I will shoot him with a silver bullet laced in wolfsbane and everything else that is toxic to werewolves." Stiles rambles.

"Calm down, Sti." Madison says, her voice soft. She didn't really realize how much she actually liked Stiles until now. "He didn't hurt me, if that's what you're wondering. I'm fine, though. What about you, Batman? How are you?"

"You called me Batman." Stiles gasps. "The Madison McCall called me Batman."

Madison snickers, "Captain America is still better, fyi."

Another gasp comes from Stiles, this time it was due to disgust. "How dare you? You know what, I'm hanging up. Bye."

"Good night, Stilinski." Madison laughs.

"Sweet dream, Angel."

~~~~~~~~ 

another very short chapter lol

i just realized this book had 1.1k reads

thank you all so so so so so much for reading

i have another book which i update way more, so if you want to check that out lol