the lacrosse game [fifteen]

"So you didn't bite me and Scott?" Madison asks, extremely confused. Olivia was practically drooling over Derek. Derek shook his head annoyed. "Okay, stop with the attitude. I didn't ask to get bitten."

Derek sighs and looks at Olivia, "I can't turn you because I'm not an Alpha. I'm a beta like Scott and Madison."

"Then who's the Alpha?" Olivia asks out of pure curiosity. Madison nods, maybe the Alpha can turn her back to human.

Derek looks away. Madison groans, "I know that look. It's the 'I don't know, but I have to or everyone will die' look."

"I need to take down the Alpha. I can't do it alone. I'm going to need your and Scott's help." Derek explains. He turns to Olivia, "Once we take him down, I'll find an Alpha to give you the bite."

Olivia nods, understandingly. Madison falls back onto her bed, "Can I go back to being human?" No response. Madison lazily lifts her head to see Derek gone and her window open. "Thanks for the answer."

"Hey," Olivia comforts. "I'm sure there is a way to turn back."

"I hope so."

~~~~~~~~~

Morning. The Hale property is now a crime scene. Handcuffed, Derek is led into a police car by a Deputy while Scott looks on by Stiles's jeep. Inside sat Stiles and a very angry Madison. Stiles managed to calm her down, but she had already told him that if he had any stupid plans, he had to go to her to approve. He agreed, reluctantly.

Scott quickly types a text into his phone: Ok, go.

Derek glances up from the backseat behind the cage as Stiles and Madison slip into the front passenger side.

"Just letting you know, I had no clue what they were up to last night. I am just an innocent bystander, so please don't kill me when you get out." Madison says, smiling innocently.

Stiles rolls his eyes at Madison before turning to Derek, "Just so you know, I'm not afraid of you."

"Liar." Madison snickers. Derek almost smiles. Almost.

"Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just want to know something. The girl you killed..." Stiles quickly glances around to see if anyone is coming. "She was a werewolf. But she was a different kind, wasn't she?" He looks to Derek for confirmation. Gets none. "She could turn herself into an actual wolf. I know Scott can't do that. And I think you can't either. Is that why you killed her?"

"Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend and girlfriend who's the problem?" Derek comes closer to the cage, causing Stiles to pull back. "When they shift on the field, what do you think they're going to do? Just keep cheering them on? I can't stop them from playing. But you can. And trust me. You want to."

"I'm right here, you know," Madison grumbles. Derek looks at her and opens his mouth, but the passenger door swings open.

Stiles is yanked out of the car by the back of his jacket, while Madison is gently pulled out. Sheriff Stilinski drags them over to Scott.

"What the hell do you guys think you're doing?" Sheriff seethes. Madison scratches the back of her neck.

"Just trying to help." Stiles shrugs, placing his hands on his hips.

"How about you guys help me understand exactly how you came across this?" The Sheriff asks.

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler." Stiles lies.

"Which he dropped when?"

"The other night," Stiles says. Madison pinches the fridge of her nose. Idiot.