Independence.

Magnetism wasn't easy. You had to focus all you energy on one spot and hope to drag it towards you. When I was a kid, I was horrible at it. I could simply attract anything or nothing. Which meant it was uncontrollable. And that's how I met Mitsuki. We went to the same supermarket, I think I was  six; my Dad said it was a pretty  late age to adapt a quirk. And I wanted to get something from the high stalls, but I couldn't reach, so I tried to use my quirk, and when I sneezed everything came flying at me. Including near by people, My Dad, the shopkeeper and even Mitsuki. She thought it was cool and laughed. She said that when she got her quirk, we would both work together and train as hard as we could and we would depend on each other.

"You can depend on me Inko! And I'll depend on you! We'll both become the greatest heros, once we master our quirks!"

  And when I first got the hang of my quirk,  I could only attract tiny objects. Like the remote, or a book or even a pair of glasses.
So that's why I didn't seem so happy when I fought against Mic. It was such a basic fight, and he was easily winning, it only took me a few seconds to figure out what to do, but I could have been quicker!

"Inko? Whassup?" Mitsuki asked, all worn  out from her fight with Enji as we walked home from school. "I'm fine." I put on a smile, but quickly dropped it and looked away. "You seem out of it, everything alright?" Mitsuki asked. I shook my head. "I'm so glad I bet that dunce faced boy. " Mitsuki rejoiced. "It was a tie, Mitsuki, if you both continued you would've destroyed each other. And this was just a practise fight." I replied. "That's what Sensei wants you to think, but really I won by miles." Mitsuki scratched her head. It was quiet for a while, and I looked at Mitsuki. She had scratches on her feet and bandages, she also had scrapes and bruises."Shoot, I forgot I have to make dinner today!" Mitsuki slapped her forhead, and started jogging forward, but I pulled at her uniform. "Aren't you a bit tired?  Oh yeah, why didn't Recovery girl heal your wounds. It's our first day after all." I said. "I refused for her to heal them." Mitsuki replied. "R-really?! Why?" I asked incredulous to her words. "Because each bruise is a memory or a lesson, that I just need to remember." Mitsuki answered sternly. "But that doesn't mean they don't need to be healed!" I shout. "Don't forget, I'm independent. I'm pretty sure it will heal in time. Don't worry Inko." Mitsuki rubbed my head and smiled. "Catch you later Inko!" Mitsuki ran off.
I'm independent.
I watched as Mitsuki ran forward.
She had changed. She was taller and older, more mature for a fact. But in a different way too.
She was stronger.
Mitsuki's quirk caused her to be able to make outburst of explosions from anything she touched, which was really cool. She could create an earthquake or bring a whole building down. Explosions weren't made by her hands though, it was when she pressed contact and energy on a certain object. If she did, it would heat up and burst up in an explosion like affect. But all depended on Mitsuki and her energy. After that long talk Sensei had, she probably felt really bored and stored up a lot of energy.
Typical Mittens.

I didn't feel like going home just yet, so I decided to get some lunch from the convenience store, Mitsuki and I would normally go there but since she went home early I went anyway.

When I got inside, I met the shopkeeper at the entrance organising items and food products on the shelves and stalls. I walked passed her and went to get my favourite packet of crisps, and a bottle of a fizzy drink. "Oh your here too!" I heard a familiar voice say. It was Toshinori Yagi. He waved as it seemed he had picked the same things as me, because he held a bag of crisps and a bottle of a fizzy drink. "Mhm..." I didn't really know how to reply. Mitsuki had made it really awkward, everything Toshinori did that I was involved in related to a Rom com to her, which was aggravating but kinda funny at the same time. "So, how are you finding U.A?" He asked. "It's cool." I answered quietly. "Your fight practise was pretty cool too!" He smiled. "O-oh yeah, so was yours!" I was trying to end the conversation with every possible thing I thought of. "And do you like our teacher?" He asked. "He is cool I guess." I said. "You use cool a lot Inko!" Toshinori laughed. So he knows my name too. "Let's be friends, Inko." He stretched out his tan hand. I shook it and smiled. "Do you want to walk home together?" He asked.