New Threat (Part 2)

Alcina and Ethan were walking towards the clearing in the woods. The snow got Alcinas dress wet but that was the least of her problems right now. Chris and his team were following them, he could even feel their gazes on his back.

"Stay calm... stay calm.." Ethan said to himself. And then, they were there.

The leader was wearing a metallic plague mask to hid his or her identity. "Where are the children?" he asked immediatly upon their arrival.

"Hand over Cassandra right now or you will be sliced to ribbons!" Alcina demanded. No one messed with house Dimitrescu and got away with it.

"You don't seem to understand. We are not her to negotiate. Give us the children or..."

"Or what?" Alcina asked, showing them her claws.

But the leader seemed unimpressed. "I know about your powers, Mrs. Dimitrescu." He then pointed a pistol at Cassandra. "And I know that your sweet daughter here is now vulnerable without her little necklace."

Both Ethans and Cassandras blood went cold but they were determined. They were getting their child back no matter what. "You think we came here on our own and without a plan?" he tried to intimidate.

The leader smiled under the mask. "Oh I know all about that as well."

Ethan was shocked. Just what the hell was this guy talking about? Whwre did they get that information?

"Traitors!" he heard Jill shouting and when he looked backwards he lost all hope: Chris, Jill, their squad and the Blue Umbrella guards were holding up their arms in surrender. The BSAA operatives that were supposed to help them had in fact been working with the kidnappers all along.

"Sorry Ethan. Looks like it was a mistake to trust these guys." Chris said between gritted teeth. He was visibly furious.

"Now now, we really don't have to make things complicated." said the masked stranger and took a step forward. "You should actually be thankful, Mrs. Dimitrescu. Without your captors, you are free to do whatever you please. All you have to do is give me Rosemary Winters. And Constantine as well."

Alcina looked towards her husband. The animal inside her wanted to take the deal, to once more bath in blood and do whatever she pleased.

But she was also a mother. A mother that protected her children.

A mother, who was stronger than the beast inside her.

"You come here, lay your filthy hands on my daughter and now you try to take more of them? How dare you!" she hissed at the masked stranger.

For a moment, all was silent on the clearing. Then, the masked stranger shrugged. "A pity, really." Before anybody could react, he pulled out a pistol and shot Cassandra in the chest.

Alcina was paralyzed by shock. This couldn't be real.

"No!" Ethan shouted and ran towards Cassandra but the masked stranger shot him in the chest as well. He looked towards his wife and reached out his hand. "Alci..." he managed to get out before he collapsed.

"No!" Alcina cried out and rushed towards him, holding her dying husband in her arms.

Cassandra continued to bleed out on the ground, the snow around her turning red. "Mother... Father..." she spoke with a weak voice and reached out for her parents, her eyes filled with pain and fear. "It's so cold..."

"Fool. Why did he had to play the hero?" the leader said.

This was all too much for Alcina. Her husband and child were bleeding out right in front of her. They needed medical attention but even if she would kill all her enemies, there would be no time to get them back in the castle in time.