It's christmas time

Ethan was just on his way to the kitchen to get a snack when he heard music nearby. He got out into the courtyard and followed the sound into another part of the castle.

Bela was sitting at the piano in the opera hall and played Fantasie-Impromptu by Frederic Chopin. Ethan stood there for a while and smiled, only letting his presence known when she was finished. "That was beautiful."

Startled at first, Bela smiled gratefully and waved him over. He took a seat next to her. "Can you play the piano?"

"Afraid not."

"Any other instrument?"

"I played the guitar whilst in college. You'r mother is the one giving the music lessions to the kids, remember?"

"Hm... a pity." she said and continued playing.

"I can never thank you enough, you know?" he said after a while.

Bela stopped playing and looked at him with a smile. "You mean all the times I've saved you?" she asked, enjoying the memories.

"No, actually. I meant when you traveled to the states and convinced me to return to your mother. If you haven't done that.... I don't know what would have happend. So thank you, again. I'll be in your debt forever."

"Aww, thank you father." she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "But you don't have to thank me. Just seeing mother's face whenever she is with you makes it all worth it."

"Still, I will never forget what you have done. For me and for her."

"Really father, you don't have to think about that. If anything, I should be the one to be thankful. You gave us new siblings."

"And vastly changed your lives, I suppose."

Bela tilted her head to the side. "Hm. Yes, I think so." she smiled. "But for the better, really. Do you know how hard it was to deal with Cassandra and Daniela all alone?"

He cracked a laugh. "Glad I could help."

Bela hugged her father. "All is well, really. I'm happy and the others are too."

"Speaking of happy... I noticed that you seem much happier lately due to a certain someone." he grins.

Bela looked away to hid her blush. "I don't know what you are talking about." she quickly said.

"Really? You think I didn't notice the look you give the commander of the guards?" he smiled and gave her a playful, gently nudge. He had noticed their glances for months now and the two of them had spent much time together, seemingly having a lot of fun.

Bela blushed even more. "Papa you are embarrassing me!"

Ethan laughed. "Honey there is no one around, no need to worry."

After some silence, Bela gave in and looked back to him. "Fine. I like him. So what? Mama will never accept him. No one is good enough for us." she sighed.

"Well she accepted me." he said to encourage her. "I'm sure once he has proven himself, she will accept him into our family as well." He started teasing her again. "And since Donna and Constantine don't want any kids, that task falls on you."

Bela wanted nothing more than to disappear into a cloud of flies, that's how embarrassed she felt. But she didn't want to be rude. "Papa! Stop saying such things! We didn't even had our first date yet, I don't know if I want to marry him and have kids."

"I know, I know. I'm just teasing you." *he nudged her again. "Besides, I'm sure Alcina doesn't wanna be called 'grandma'." Both laughed at this and Bela calmed down, playing again. After listening to her, Ethan looked at the stage behind them. "You know... Christmas is coming soon."