𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

Start from the beginning

A few minutes after, I finally moved, grunting. I spatial jumped to the same alley I landed when I got here at first, and started walking around it, trying to come up with a plan.

A movement in one of the windows of a building caught my eyes. I looked up to see someone closing a curtain quickly, and on the top of the building there were multiple different equipment, including a camera that pointed exactly to the place I landed.

Walking to the door, I saw a sign that said "Morty's television radio, shipping & receiving". I didn't even try to open it as it was probably locked, instead, I just spatial jumped inside the building, landing on a staircase.

I climbed it with hurry, adjusting my blazer as I approached an office door that said "Mortimer Gussman D.D.S". I knocked on it, but to my surprise, the other door to my right was opened. A guy looked at me suspiciously.

_"What do you want?"-He said, looking at the hallway as checking if I had company.

_"Hi, I'm selling encyclopedias for my youth group. I was curious if-"I got cut off by the guy simply slamming the door at my face. That could have been better. Guess I could teach him some manners.

I casually spatial jumped inside his "apartment", and as soon as he saw me, he screamed in surprise and started looking for a weapon in his kitchen counter. He couldn't even stand properly, why did he think he was capable of using a weapon? I only looked at him with a discrete smirk.

_"How'd you do that?"-He asked, pointing a...butter spatula? At me.

_"Don't really have time to explain."

_"You from the Pentagon, huh?"

_"Definitely not."-I asked, kind of losing my patience.

_"CIA? FBI. KGB?"-While he tried to guess what kind of association I came from, I noticed a pot of coffee sitting on his table.

_"Is that fresh?"-I spatial jumped to it, and the man shrieked again. I calmly put a cup of coffee to myself, and took a small sip out of it, while walking deeper inside his house.

_"Hm. This Colombian?"-I asked, looking back at him.

_"It's my own blend."-I shrugged. It was okay, I guess.

As I looked around, I noticed the multiple newspapers spread across his walls, most of them mentioning aliens and space theories. There were also many computers and radios at a table.

_"You ever heard of, uh, Area 51? Roswell?"- The man seemed to brighten up at my question, as he scoffed and started chuckling at himself. He threw his excuse for a weapon at his table.

_"God damn! Whoo! See, I always knew we weren't the only ones. See, Eleanor thought my head wasn't screwed on tight, but...but it's all true, yeah? UFOs, crop circles..."-As he trailed off, I could only think of how disturbingly easy it was to fool the poor man.

_"Well, the truth is out there."-I gave him a smirk, looking back at him.

_"No, no, no, no, no. The...The truth, it's...right here, in front of us."-The man kept coming closer to me, giving me the creeps as he seemed a bit more obsessed than I was comfortable with.

_"Tell me, why...why is it always an anal probe?"

_"Any closer and I'll melt your brain."- I whispered to him, giving a fake smile.

_"He needs a little space. Yes. I'll be over here."-He backed away from me, thankfully.

_"All those contraptions on the roof, you built those, right?"-I started walking around again, as the man watched every little step of mine.