CHAPTER 9- Hope

Michael's frightened and panic-struck face was the last thing that Hope saw before she fell.

She had known that someone would eventually fall, she just hadn't expected that someone to be her.

She closed her eyes as she spread her senses to feel the flow of the air around her. There were different air currents in the cave. One was pushing her to the right while another was pushing her to the left with equal force. One was twirling around her while another was pushing against her.

She reined the air around her by motioning it to form a bubble surrounding her by placing the sides of her palms against each other and moving them in a circular motion.

The wind pushed against her as she commanded it to lift her up.

She started grinning as she floated up, thriving in the sensation of the current against her. She was in her element.

She vaguely saw the other gaping at her as she gently set herself back onto the platform.

Before she could even say a thing, she was being crushed by a panicked Michael screaming her ears off. "Why on Earth did you not tell me that you can fly!?"

He gripped her shoulders as he started shaking her, "I thought you were going to die!" His turquoise eyes quivered as he hugged her again.

Surprised, Hope stayed quiet. She hadn't known that her falling would have affected him that much.

Though in his defence, he thought that she was going to die, so Hope had to admit that his panic was justified.

The concern was touching, but Hope wasn't going to say that. She just yelled, "Don't shriek in my ears! They'll never forgive or forget you!"

Michael grinned abashedly as he let her go.

Hope just shook her head in amusement as she told them that she couldn't actually fly, that she could just manipulate the air for a short amount of time.

"Well that's good," Laura said, "I thought that you were going to die as well, you really scared me for a bit there"

"Yeah, don't do that again," Emily agreed. Then she, surprisingly, hugged Hope and whispered, "You sure you're alright?"

Hope nodded as she whispered, "I'm fine, no injuries"

Emily grinned as she squeezed her hand and walked back to the vines.

Hope saw Liam nervously come up to her. "Hope, I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine," she cut him off, "I needed the practice anyways."

"Well then," Michael suddenly said, "In the names of the amazing ice queen and the magnificent Greenie, your new nickname is Windy!"

Hope paused- Windy!? That had to be the stupidest name ever!

As if on cue, Laura sputtered, "W-windy!? That's even better than Greenie!" as she held her stomach to stop laughing.

"And ice queen!" a howling Emily added roguishly.

Hope scowled. She didn't like the name at all, so she decided that revenge was in order. "Well if I'm Windy, then you would all agree that Mike should be called emo boy, right?"

Michael's grin faltered, "What"

"I agree!" Laura grinned, "Shadow boy means emo boy!"

"Yup!" Emily nodded, her cheshire eyes glimmering with mischief.

Liam laughed. "This is definitely what my dear brother should be called."

Michael gasped, "Liam you traitor!"