Chapter 10

It's finally Friday.

Ryujin and Yeji had a film showing of their latest project. Different people were invited.

Yeji invited her parents, who miraculously came. They finally had a reconciliation; and they're willing to support Yeji with her new dream.

"We never really gave up on you, we thought it's what you wanted that's why we pushed you." Yeji’s Mother gave her a tight hug. "We're sorry if we pushed you too hard, whatever you pursue we're here for you."

Yeji couldn’t say a word, she was just happy and tears were falling as she hugged her mother back.

Ryujin was also teary-eyed watching the scene in front of her. Yuna was beside her, their parents couldn't make it because they were in the middle of a film shooting.

"Do you need a tissue or something?" Yuna teased Ryujin who looked like a proud mom.

"Shuttup, I'm just genuinely happy for her okay." Ryujin wiped her tears with her sleeves.

"Okay Ew, you do need a tissue. Also, I'm sorry mom and dad couldn't make it. It's just that this project is a really big one, and they couldn't reschedule."

"Yeah of course I know that, I of all people should know that, they have...other priorities, and this is just small event. It's no biggie."
Ryujin gave Yuna a convincing smile. But despite the sincerity of her words, there was sadness in her eyes.

Ryujin really admired her parents and their work, and it's always been her goal to follow their footsteps, but at the same time she wanted to surpass them and make a name for herself and not just be recognized as the daughter of a famous movie director and producer.

Ryujin and Yeji were thanking the people as they were leaving the room, when a man in a business suit approached them.

"Are you Hwang Yeji?"

Ryujin had to elbow Yeji who was stunned.

"Y-Yes..I'm Hwang Yeji."

"I actually watched a recital of yours from years back, I have to say, your music really evolved, I'm here to offer you a scholarship at our university, you could really do well in our music department." The man handed Yeji a card.

"WHA WHAT? Is this real? You're not just making a mistake right? But what if I'm not cut out to be-"

Ryujin slapped Yeji’s back.
"What are you so hesitant about? It’s your new dream, isn’t it? It’s right in front of you and you’re wavering? GET THE DAMN CARD."

"YES SORRY THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'll do my best." Yeji took the card from the man and bowed down.

The man simply laughed, wished them luck, then bid farewell.

As soon as the last visitor left the room, Ryujin started panicking. She hasn't really interacted with Lia much during the past few days. Both were busy with their respective clubs, and the thought of having to confess to Lia the next time she saw her was driving her nuts.

"Are you ready for later?" Yeji asked while they were packing up.

"You should have seen her practicing in the mirror this whole week..Lia, I love you.." Yuna was mocking the way Ryujin spoke.

"Actually I could hear it from my room, Lia would you be my-"

The two continued to tease Ryujin. But Ryujin paid no attention, her eyes were closed and everything was blocked out as different scenarios were playing in her head.

It was almost time for the fireworks. Ryujin finally opened her eyes full of intensity and proceeded to walk out of the room to go to the rooftop leaving the two surprised.

"Hey wait a minute, does that mean I have to finish cleaning up by myself?"

"Don’t worry Yeji unnie I'll help you out, let's just wish them luck and hope for the best." Yuna gave Yeji a thumbs up and started helping out.

**

As Ryujin was walking up the stairs, she could probably hear her own heart beat, given how loud it was pounding. But it was better than hearing her own thoughts.

Going out of the door, stepping into the rooftop.
She wasn't expecting Lia to be there already, but there she was.

It didn’t matter that it was already quite dark. The way Lia's eyes glowed would put the moon to shame. She was utterly breathtaking.

Ryujin felt her face flush, keeping her eyes on Lia. Her legs stiffened, but before she could stop herself, all she needed to was take a few steps.
One step, then another, then another, until they were in front of each other.

A silence settled between them as they kept their eyes on each other. 

"Hey you...what took you? I thought you were going to ditch me." Lia was the first to speak. Taking a step closer, she gazed with those alluring eyes.

A pair of arms suddenly wrapped around Lia's waist, holding her tight. Ryujin lay her head on Lia's shoulder. "Give me a minute okay."

For the first time, Lia wasn’t dense, she could somehow sense something was up.
She hugged Ryujin back, leaning into her as much as she could. She couldn’t help it, Ryujin never hugged her so passionately before, it was the first time she saw Ryujin like this.

"Lia.. I have to tell you something." Ryujin pulled back from the hug.

"What is it?" Lia didn't let go so they were still holding each other.

By this point, Ryujin felt her confidence rising, the fireworks display already started. Lia's eyes were radiating, and the lights illuminated her smile.

Ryujin felt unstoppable, her phone was buzzing but she ignored it.

Lia looked up to Ryujin. "Will you finally tell me what you -"

"Lia I -"

The door suddenly slammed wide open.

"RYUJIN UNNIE WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING YOUR PHONE! OUR PARENTS HAD AN ACCIDENT! THEY'RE GONE!"
Yuna broke down on the floor crying.

Ryujin immediately froze; if her eyes were any wider, they might pop out of her head. Of all the different scenarios that played in her head she could have never imagined this.

**

"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No! It’s when… they are forgotten"

****
Okay... so

thoughts?