Chapter 4

"Hey babe guess what!!!" Yeji exclaimed as she entered the student council room, causing the doors to fly open.

A gust of wind comes through the window messing up Chaeryeong's hair who almost drops her phone. She swivels around staring at her girlfriend, who was walking towards her, with her infamous cat eye smile plastered on her face.

Chaeryeong looks at Yeji with confusion while fixing her hair.

"Yeji..babe what brings you here?"

"I came here to report the latest JinLia development."

"Spill." Chaeryeong gestured for Yeji to sit down.

**

"Do you think one of them will finally break?" Chaeryeong thought out loud after hearing what happened.

"I doubt it...like Ryujin said, she and Lia aren't ready" Yeji took Chaeryeong's bag as they were about to head out.

"Though, I'm really glad you finally told Lia about us. I mean, she kept giving me death stares every time we pass by each other in the hallway. Even when she's smiling at me, I could feel her murderous intent." Yeji shivered at the thought.

"I even had nightmares that I was being mauled by a giant sloth!"

"Hey! That's my friend you're talking about" Chaeryeong slapped Yeji's arm.

"Yes, your friend who's too busy glaring at anyone that gets too close to Ryujin, that she can't even see that Ryujin's only looking at her." Yeji said, rubbing her arm.

"Well if Ryujin made a move a long time ago, they wouldn't be in this predicament"

"Well..from what I heard, Lia was entertaining boys back in middle school, that would've surely dampen her confidence." Yeji argued as if she was Ryujin's lawyer.

They both sighed.

"Babe..why are we arguing, why don't we just tell them." Chaeryeong said in a sad tone.

"I don't think that's our secret to tell, they both must have their own reason for keeping it this long." Yeji took one last glance at the school, before they continued walking.

A peaceful silence envelops the duo as they walk. The cold wind creeps up Chaeryeong's arm, causing goosebumps to cover her arm. She berates herself for leaving her sweater. Yeji notices this and puts her blazer on Chaeryeong. They just smile at each other.

All of a sudden, Yeji stopped.

"I know! Let's make a bet, on who will confess first!"

"oh...me and Yuna already have that kind of bet, but you're welcome to join. I'll create a group chat for the three of us" Chaeryeong held out her phone.

"Eh?"

"So..I'm team Lia, Yuna is team Ryujin...which team are you?"

"I'm loyal to my club president. Team Ryujin for the win." Yeji dramatically placed her hand on her heart.

"Babe..whoever to confesses first, as long as they get together, we all win."

*******

Rewind - Back at the Film Club Room

Ryujin is still rebooting..

Think Ryujin, think..use your mind palace, wait no, my brain isn't that big for a palace. Use your mind cabin or whatever. Lia only asked, What am I not ready for? Which means she didn't hear the whole conversation right?