Part 2, Chapter 5 "Dreams"

Start from the beginning

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought I lost this!"

He gave me a sad look. "Yeah....I expected you to do that...."

I cocked my head to the side. "Do what?"

"You'd rather lose me, than lose that book."

I shook my head. "W-what? I didn't say-"

"Luigi, please...."

The other Luigi let go.

I screamed and ran to the edge, reaching out for him. But he was already gone. I watched as he faded from view.

"DIMENTIO! NO, WAIT! COME BACK!"

I stayed in that spot, reaching over the edge. Tears filled my eyes. "....no. Dim...."

I looked to the side. The other Luigi slowly got up.

I hugged myself and looked down. "No.....come back."

I continued sobbing for a good minute, before the other Luigi cleared his throat.

"He's gone."

I looked over at him. "W-What?"

He turned around. "He's gone. It's time to move on. You've got a brother to save. You've already sacrificed this much. Don't let Dimentio's death be for nothing."

He walked away.

And I was alone again.

I jerked up. The book, floating in front of me.

Looks like I was dreaming. I lifted my hand to my face.

And wiped a tear away.

"I-It's time to move on. I've got a brother to save." I mumbled. I think....I think that was what the dream was trying to tell me.

I can't let Dimentio's sacrifice be for nothing. He wanted me to have Mario back. He wanted me to be happy.

I got up, grabbed my soul staff, and made my way to town.

All I needed was to get someone's soul

Mr. L POV

"Hey! Prisoners, WAKE UP!" I opened my eyes to see that girl who arrested me standing outside our cell. Varian sat up and rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes. "Huh?" He asked. The girl ignored him and pointed at me. "I'm here to question you."

I sat up and rolled my eyes. Oh, right. I forgot she had wanted to question me. "Well, ask away Ms. MushroomFace"

She scowled. "You are to refer to me as Captain Toadette." I smirked. "Whatever you say, Captain MushroomFace." I teasingly bowed my head.

She just rolled her eyes. "Luigi, I need you to tell me where your partner is hiding."

I looked at Varian. He seemed to mouth something.

"Just play along."

I nodded and smirked. "Pffft, wouldn't you like to know."

Her face lit up. "Ha! So you finally admit you know where he is??"

I hesitated for a second. Because now I did know where he was.

He was dead.

No, I'm not going to think about that.

"Yup, but I'm not telling you nothing."

She growled, then pulled out some keys. I eyed them, then looked over at Varian. He seemed to be thinking.