Chapter 18

Ezra

What the hell was going on? "Elena what is the meaning of this" I asked

"It's easy your majesty, I'm about to overthrow you and your brother and take your kingdom for myself"

I turned towards king Alex who looked as shocked as I was, so I'm guessing he was not aware of his daughter's plot.

I looked back at Elena and that was when I noticed the changes to her body and almost flenched, the rumors weren't exaggerated when they said that the once beautiful princess was beyond hideous and definitely no vampire hence she would have healed from the burn marks and deformation caused by Firebird's phoenix flame, I almost felt sorry for her, almost.

Her once long dark hair was completely burnt off leaving behind only a few crisp of hair, her body was a pasty burnt mess and her face was deformed beyond recognition due to the fact that one of her eyes and ears was burnt off and one corner of her mouth was slightly dropping, I almost puked just looking at her, to say that a zombie looked better than Elena would be an understatement.

"What on earth do you think your doing Elena?" asked her father

"What you never had the spine to do" when she was done talking I saw a group of druids come into view and flanked her from behind.

This isn't good, I felt tence and looked towards Firebird who stood close to Roman and looked beyond ready to burn Elena to a crisp.

My officials looked shocked at the event that was taking place right before there eyes.

The guards stationed in the throne room positioned and readied themselves to fight while me and my brother stared at Elena coldly, the woman seriously didn't know how ruthless and dangerous me and Roman were especially when we were protecting someone we love.

"You see I couldn't have pulled this all off without a little help from one of your very own people, it was no stress at all convincing her to join me" she smirked looking pleased with herself, until firebird asked

"Wasn't it that same arrogance that turned you into an ugly she beast"

Elena now looked downright angry,

"Oh believe me, you will pay for that" she said angrily.

"What is this all about Elena, haven't you brought enough embarrassment unto our kingdom?" Asked king Alex

"It's easy father if I can't be with the kings and rule this kingdom, no one will"

"How did you come in contact with the druids?" asked her father

"I first came in contact with the druids a few years ago when I had learnt through my spies that there was a princess in Florencia whose beauty and power rivaled mine, I knew I couldn't allow that",

"I tried to kill her but her parents and people were really secretive and protective of her which made it impossible to get close to her. In the process of looking for ways to end her life I came in contact with the druids who I told about the princess, once they heard how powerful she was it was easy to convince them to destroy her and of course her kingdom"

"But you see what I did not anticipate for, was her escaping and standing in the way of me and my kings, too bad she wouldn't just die, isn't that right Firebird"

"You crazy psychopath you killed my family!" Yelled firebird.

I can't believe how greedy and wicked this woman is, to go to the lengths of destroying a whole kingdom just for her own pathetic gains.

"How did I give birth to such a disgrace, I regret the day your mother gave birth to you, had we known this is what she was giving her life up for I would have made sure she got rid of you while you were in her womb and would have had my beloved Flora with me now" said king Alex.

Elena looked slightly taken aback and hurt but she quickly hid her expression and glared at her father.

"How did you get them into my palace" asked Roman

"Oh that was easy, I suspected the first time that i saw your "bride" that she was the princess of Florencia due to her looks, but that was impossible since I thought her dead but she confirmed my suspicions when she used the flames of a phoenix to do this to me" she said pointing to her body,

"So I employed the help of one of your very own subject to help sneak the druids past your borders defences and into your palace"

"Let me guess, Katrina" I said

"Actually she was the first person I asked to help me kill firebird and she was willing until I told her I might have to kill the kings in order to takeover. That was when she tried to double cross me and tell you guys thinking it would enable her gain favor with the kings and they would leave firebird for her, professing their love for her for saving their life, so of course I killed the treacherous slut before she could spoil my plans"

"I don't understand if it wasn't Katrina then who" said firebird

"Oh that would be me" said a slightly familiar voice, I can't believe who I'm seeing,

"Jane?!"