Six || Hope She Remembers

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Five days.

Five more days and it would mark ten years gone.

The whole week had been a melancholy one, as the Potter and Black families went over what their lives could have been with Persephone, or what she looked like and what she was doing at the moment. The two families had spent the beginning of the week together, sharing stories of what they could remember of the young girl with each other and their children.

Harry and Leo had grown up hearing stories about their sister. Their mom and dad, Lily and James, had shown them photos of her, most of them were of her by herself or with Harry, there were none with Leo as he wasn't born yet, but they could see some photos where Persephone was looking at Lily's stomach, a picture of her touching him while he was in Lily's stomach was as close as they got. But still, though they didn't really know her, they thought they did. She was their older sister, so they felt a connection with her.

Lily, James, Sirius, and Remus had gotten the week off, as they did every year, from their jobs at Hogwarts.

They had been working there since the boys had quit their jobs at the ministry when Dumbledore told them if they were professors they would be allowed to retrieve Persephone from her home when she turned eleven.

James taught flying lessons, Lily taught muggle studies, while Sirius and Remus taught history. And though they weren't students, Harry and Leo went to Hogwarts with their parents every year, getting tutoring from all the teachers, as they wanted to make sure Harry was ready for the Dark Lord's return, and they didn't want to leave Leo defenseless should anything happen.

Leo was only born two months after Persephone went missing in October. As soon as everyone saw him, they all vowed to never let him out of their sight as they didn't want to lose him too. Everyone would admit that if they had left the two boys with James and Sirius, they would have become spoiled and arrogant. Luckily, they had Lily and Remus to help them balance it all out, so they knew to be polite and when enough was enough. Though that couldn't stop the fact that Harry had James' mischievous mind and Leo had Lily's wits. The two were known throughout the school for having the best pranks; but really, who would expect anything less?

Still, though Harry and Leo were amazing, they couldn't fully replace the ache they all got when they thought of Persephone.

It had taken a while before Sirius and Remus had fully forgiven Lily and James for what they had done, be that as it may, they knew the two only had their daughter's best interest at heart. But they had never fully forgiven Dumbledore. Even Lily and James never truly forgot how persistent Dumbledore had been to keep Persephone away.

Since that day, both families' relationship with the man was rocky, and had less trust. Really the only reason they all took a job at Hogwarts was so they could get Persephone back and keep Harry and Leo safe, as there was no safer place than Hogwarts.