Two || His, My, Our Downfall

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After a while, everyone got used to Persephone. So what if she looked different from the rest of her family? They were still her family so no one treated her any other way. Though they would admit, she didn't act the same as all the other children.

The Potters would invite their friends over so that the kids could play with each other but they would mostly stick with their own parents.

Everyone except Persephone.

She would either be playing with the stuffed toys Sirius and Remus had gotten her, not sharing them with anyone else, or she would try to learn how to speak and walk. She would also do more accidental magic than most nine-month-old children could do.

Everyone was having tea in the next room when it happened. The adults were discussing how much their children had progressed, and said children were in a playpen together just busying themselves with the toys in another room.

The parents were all frightened when not one, but almost all the children started screaming.

They entered the children's room and were surprised to see that the once tan-colored room was now different shades of blacks, greens, and silver. They all quickly recovered and began to comfort their children but all eyes were on Persephone. She was the only one not crying, looking around the room with wonder in her eyes.

Everyone watched as she looked from the room to her hands. She seemed to be debating herself, but that couldn't be true as she was only nine months old. But she always found ways to surprise them. She closed her eyes and held her arms out. Suddenly the room began to change from the dark colors back to the light and cherry ones it had before.

It was then, at that moment, that everyone admitted she was a bit weird. They had all said so, in front of Persephone, not knowing that she would never forget their words. After that, she seemed to try and ignore everyone as much as possible.

Well, everyone except Remus and Sirius.

They had not been there when everyone said she was weird. In fact, when the others explained what happened, Sirius had been delighted and got her another stuffed animal, it was a butterfly, and it soon became her favorite one. She truly loved her godparents more than her own. Her own had called her weird, and she didn't need people who thought that about her.

So if she could, she didn't try to hang out with the other children, she just kept to herself with her stuffed animals for company. If she could, she would ignore her parents and let them gush over her brother instead.

Her parents were of course worried, she didn't spend time with anyone, but then it dawned on them one day.

Persephone had been in a bad mood that day because she woke up, and her stuffed animals were gone. She was glaring at everyone, not letting anyone near her before her magic started to frit and something would break. It was the worst anyone had seen her. But then her godparents showed up, the stuffed animals in a basket. They had apparently taken them to get washed as Persephone never let them go.