Chapter 9: Meeting an Undead

Start from the beginning

The girl Squigly looks at Y/n who was squirming in his unconscious state and struggle to keep himself warm as he was hugging himself, shivering a bit.

Seeing this made Squigly scootch over to him and tries to hug him for warm which surprises her Parasite Leviathan but it was futile seeing she was an Undead and her body was cold with no blood flowing through her veins.

But Y/n stops squirming in his sleep and smiled a bit, he must have been having a nightmare  and Squigly comforted him with her hug.

Squigly: (My lady truly you have a kind heart...)

Suddenly then, they heard footsteps running as they look to see a familiar girl Ina black and white uniform passing the alley they were in both until they heard a deep gruff voice which caught  Leviathan's attention.

???: Wait! Filia, go back to that alley!

Filia: Huh? What's wrong Samson?

She runs back as there Filia looks around not until she sees Squigly and...

Filia: Y/n!!

She saw the Undead holding him as she looks at her in shock, anger and utter fear, not because of her appearance but what she was about to do to her friend as she was about to attack but.

Squigly: W-Wait! I-I'm helping him! Please don't attack!

Filia hearing the Undead girl speak shock her as she hesitantly nodded and Squigly sighs in relief.

Squigly: Thank goodness...

Leviathan then has his eyes peering onto Filia specifically at Samson.

Leviathan: Samson..

Samson: Leviathan.... I'm surprised you ain't dead yet... Though I need to ask a coroner for sure!

Filia: W-Wait... Are you two friends? Nice to meet you! My name is Filia!

All the suspicions of her to the two went away and greeted them with a smile.

Squigly: Sienna Contiello but please call me Squigly. The pleasure is all mine. The city's changed so much while I was gone.. Though  this may rude to ask but tell me.. Do you live around here, we shouldn't be around the rain for too long.

Filia: W-Well n-no.. At least I don't think so b-but I live with some friends but it's half an hour walk from here to there. In fact your holding one of them!

She gestured to Y/n which surprises Squigly.

Squigly: I see but I'm curious, you look like you weren't sure if you live in this city or not why is that?

Filia: W-Well it's because I lost my memory, so Samson here is helping me look for the Skullheart to wish it back.

Squigly: The Skullheart!?

She looks at her shock and Samson did not like Filia spilling things out.

Samson: Filia!! You gotta stop yammering for Trinity's sake! Seriously can't you lie for once!?

Leviathan: What is the meaning of this Samson?

Samson: Things got... complicated. It's none of your business, never was,

Leviathan: Miss Filia, do you have memories from before your head was preoccupied by this follicular vagabond?

Filia: Huh? What do you mean—

Samson: Stay out of this worm!

He interrupted their conversation, preventing Filia from engaging any farther.