Chapter 29

A.N - Hello my loves.  I hope you're all doing well! I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words on this story.  I never expected it to get as much love as it has, and I'm so grateful for all of you.  Your comments always make me smile so largely.  I have a special treat for next chapter, so be ready! Peace and Love xx.

After collecting the kids and ensuring all of the doors were locked, she made her way back to the kitchen which had a circle of stressed out agents standing around a counter.

"Spencer, can you think of anyone that would want to hurt you?" Morgan asked this question with a serious face, not realizing how stupid it sounded to everyone else.

"No, not at all. EXCEPT FOR EVERY PERSON I'VE EVER LOCKED AWAY!" Zena had only heard Spencer raise his voice a handful of times. It finally occurred to Zena that Spencer was terrified. This wasn't a case that he could separate himself from; this was his own life.

"Spence, there is no need to get worked up like this. We will figure it out. We always do," his wife stated.

"It's not just me that's the issue, it's the fact that everyone's lives are now on the line because of me. My nephews' lives are at risk because of me. What the hell do I do?" Spencer asked, whimpering and tugging at his overgrown curls.

"We all put our lives at risk everyday because of this job. You didn't do this to us, we all made the conscious choice. Now, let's get to work, we have a family member to help," JJ said going over to Spence and giving him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

The team spent hours trying to figure out any possible leads. They had converted different rooms in Rossi's house to mimic their offices. Garcia was stationed in the living room, where she had a collection of everyone's cellphones on one table, both children's IPads, and three different laptops sprawled out on the various coffee tables in the spacious room. The profilers were in the dining room, where they were using a cork board Rossi kept in his office to try and pin potential suspects; people recently released from jail, old family members on both his side and his wife's, as well as any of his students that he lectures at the academy.

Garcia had sifted through all of Spencer's and Zena's personal emails to see if there was anything that raised any flags.

"I've got nothing here guys. My two favorite PHD holders are clean as a whistle. But Z, why are you subscribed to National Geographic magazine and the National Geographic Adventure magazine? Isn't that kind of a waste?"

"If you must know, I find them to be very soothing," Zena said in an embarrassed tone while blushing.

"Oh, wait Zena you just got a work email from a student. Maybe you should read that," Garcia said, handing over one of the laptops.

Zena thanked Garcia and grabbed the laptop looking at the newest email, The sender: Brian Bay.

"Brian Bay? That kid who wanted to talk about the FBI the other day," Spencer asked quizzically looking over her shoulder. "I think it would be a mistake to open the email. He could be the unsub."

"You don't think it could be him?" Zena looked over at her husband quizzically.

"Who are you two talking about," Emily asked stepping into the living room.

"Zena has a student back at Hopkins who is extremely interested in my work. After getting back a few weeks ago I surprised her at her office and he came by and insisted on talking about the BAU and what it was like to be in the field," Spencer began to explain.

"But Zena has a strict policy on talking about her endeavors with the FBI at Hopkins," Hotch stated.

"Exactly. Z told me that this wasn't the first time that he has asked about our work either. He had been pestering her all day about it, even after she nicely told him that she doesn't talk about her other job in a university setting."