Ch. 6 - Confrotation

Ana kept screaming and pushing as she was trapped in the giant's hands.
"Would you keep it down so he doesn't find us," Alan said annoyed, making her movements freeze. The police officer had caught up to where he had grabbed her, but the man could still not see them. "I'm gonna start moving now but you have to be completely quiet. He can't hear me, but he will be fully capable of hearing you." The officer started searching the field while the giant began walking away, doing his best not to hit anything on the way.

Alan stopped in an empty meadow after walking for a distance that satisfied him. He laid down on his stomach and with Ana still trapped in his hands, opened them laying her on the dry grass a little distance from his face. Upon being let out she immediately gasped for air as her body was shaking. He looked at his hands, on his palms that were now warm and sweaty and closed them like when she was in there. From the way she was held, she couldn't really get air.

"So what now genius!" Ana yelled standing now and glaring at him. "That policeman is properly going to report me, meaning I can't go back. You have dragged me to who knows where so just spit it out. Get it over with!"
"Listen lady-"
"I already told you my name is Ana,"
"Ana," he corrected, starting to get annoyed. "All I want is the crystal, hand it over and I will leave you alone."
"What crystal are you talking about," she said calmer. "Look I didn't report you, I haven't stolen anything, I just found you in the woods healed you, left, that's it."
"And I would like to believe that, believe me I do, but some things don't add up. I have been walking around this city for a week and only you seem to notice me. You must agree that's a strange coincidence right."
"I, healed you," she pronounced almost letter by letter. "What else do you want me to say?"
"The truth,"Alan snapped, losing all patience he grabbed Ana by her legs so she was dangling upside down. He had pulled himself standing up so he could hold her as high as he could. She was screaming begging him to place her back down.
"Where is the crystal!"
"I don't have it!" she screamed with a broken voice. She was beginning to show tears and her shaking became worse. The giant started loosening up and let go of one of her legs, which only amplified all the emotions going through her. "I don't have it!" she pleaded and repeated each one being more inaudible.
Seeing how desperate she became made it harder to go through the last step, but he pulled through. He let go, dropping her in freefall and ascending her screaming at a new height. He waited expecting the girl to confess, but all he saw was acceptance as she passed his face. That face said enough and let him believe her.
His hand shot to the ground and caught her body following it down so the stop wouldn't hurt as bad. Ana's tiny hands were gripping, his fingers vibrating. Her lungs were hyperventilating while her stare was at the sky. Alan rolled her to the ground looking with guilt at her panicked eyes. He silently watched her calm herself down, her breath becoming normal and her tears drying up.
"I'm sorry," he said once she seemed calmer. "I'm sorry but you are the only clue I have to get home. You got to help me please."