Ch. 3 - Her choice

Walking the last meters Ana saw the opening to the grassy field. The sun being right in front of her eyes blinded the girl for a moment while she walked out of the way. Her hand was still covering her eyes, when she walked straight into a soft wall. It confused her for a second as she now was leaning on this mystery wall with one hand. It was made out of a soft fabric, but it was readiating a faint heat, and moving, and making a breathing sound. She scrambled back, seeing the wall become bigger. Though as she got further away it began looking like a lump.
"A big lump moving up and down... ah!" Ana screamed as she fell backwards landing on something soft. Looking down it was skin. She sprang up from the platform and it was a hand, a giant hand. "No, no this is just my imagination, right... right. Just look up and see the face and it won't be there." but to her horror a face was there seeming to be asleep at the moment.
She started hyperventilating, trying to comfort herself and coming to terms with what was infront of her. In her mind she wished that it wasn't real. She stood there eyes closing and opening on repeat hoping the being in front of her would disappear.
"What am I even supposed to do, report it, run away hoping for the best, who can I call, who would even believe me? Hello I just found an unconscious giant, no I didn't take any illegal substances!"
The giant groaned and adjusted himself on his lying position, but his eyes remained closed.
"Lady please I know I'm a sight to behold, but could you keep it down, my ears really hurt." he whispered. His voice was raspy and struggled at the end to finish the sentence. Ana ran to his eyes to inspect them.
"Of course they hurt!" she screamed as a reaction, but stopped herself clamming her hands over her mouth, when she realised how loud it came out. "Sorry, your ears are bleeding, it could be the eardrums. Did you survive an explosion?"
"Lady, don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He spoke quieter than before. "I have survived worse." and with that the giant was gone again. Ana went to check his pulse on his neck, she had to put a lot of pressure into the skin before she could feel it, and thankfully it was still beating, it was weak, but beating. She went around his body looking over all the injuries he had.

"Sure you big idiot." Ana sighed for herself. "He has scrapes and cuts all over his body, deep holes in his leg and shoulder, and possible damage to his eardrums."
Scared couldn't begin to describe her feelings. She was terrified and conflicted. It's a giant, she was thinking about saving a giant, but in one thought it all went away. He had feelings too, if she used her time in the forest saving animals' lives, why should it be different from humans or giants? With closed eyes she took a deep breath, opening them there were now void of fear or hesitation.
In a second she grabbed her backpack and emptied on the grass only keeping her water bottle. In the next she sprinted towards the school to get supplies. There was a lot of improvising to think about to get enough for his size. In the school toilets she grabbed as many toilet rolls and paper she could fit in her bag and arms, refiled her bottle and took the bag inside a dispenser which contained spirit, not the most ideal but it had enough alcohol to work. She fumbled back, bag overflowing, stacks of rolls under her arms, some pressed against her chest and even one held on her mouth.
Exhausted she made it to the giant, which was still breathing. She unpacked all the supplies and spread it across the grass, also adding a needle and some thread from her own emergency bag. She made a plan, calming herself before she went for it. She talked her plan out loud while she cleaned her hands, gloves and needle with the alcohol.
"First I have to work on his leg and shoulder since they are pouring the most blood." she said climbing up his leg. "Seems to be something that penetrated the skin so that has to be removed. The wounds are then closed, bandaged and next the ears. Hopefully it isn't too serious and lastly any cuts or bruises just have to be cleaned and stiched, simple."
She was fatigued just from saying that, and it would be a million times worse doing it, but thinking about what she said one last time Ana was ready and began her work.