See, Gojo being Gojo thought Lucy's suggestion was going to lead to something...sexual. But he was surprised when Lucy dragged him to a nearby training room and forced him to train with her for a good three hours. Gojo knew he could have won easily against her, but he needed Lucy to trust him. He wasn't using any cursed techniques or anything like that. He was just fighting with his fist. All though, he did want to admit that he enjoyed the view of Lucy in just a sports bra and tights. He wasn't sure where she got them from but he was very excited when she wore them.

"Someone works out a lot," Gojo grinned.

"And you're going easy on me," Lucy pointed out.

"And how would you know? Oh, is it because you can spot a liar?"

"It's called being observant, you idiot."

That made Gojo smirk. "So you were checking me out?"

Lucy punched Gojo on his arm rather roughly. "Don't get so full of yourself, you blindfold wearing weirdo." Lucy gave him a knowing look. "I was with you when you were fighting Sukuna. You were fast. Faster than anything I have ever seen before. And the power you gave out in one punch is like no other. I'm starting to think you're mocking me."

Gojo's grin slowly started to falter. "It's nothing like that."

The girl crossed her arms. "I know you're strong. I might not be one of your students or a faculty member or even a Jujutsu sorcerer, but I don't need some know-it-all to treat me like I'm a little kid. I'm short, fragile-looking, but you seem to underestimate my strength."

"No one is underestimating anything -"

Lucy brought her fist up and punched Gojo across the jaw. "I shouldn't have been able to hit you like that." She brought her other fist up and went to punch him again but Gojo caught her wrist before it could strike anywhere near him.

"I'm not going to apologize for holding back," Gojo said. "We're gonna be around each other for a while so I'm trying to prove my trust." He got near her face. "We never did finish our conversation."

"What conversation?" Lucy asked.

"About how you think I'm going to manipulate you and not get you home." Gojo dropped Lucy's hand. "I might not know a lot about you and something's telling me it's going to be hard to gain your trust. So here's my proposal...I'll help you get home as long as you don't leave my side."

Lucy pondered at the proposal. What would Erwin do in a situation like this? What would Levi? Erwin never doubted my decisions for a second. And Gojo actually went out of his way to make sure I have a place to stay. But he might just leave and have me fend for myself if things go south.

Gojo started to slowly lift his blindfold. "What are you doing?" Lucy asked.

"You did say you can spot a liar," Gojo explained. "You still need a bit of convincing, so I want you to look me in the eye and tell me if I'm lying."

It seemed everything was in slow motion. Gojo's eye was closed. Lucy was looking right at him when his eye opened. The girl wanted to gasp when she saw how blue his eyes are. But she knew better than to fond over someone. She was trained better than that.

Gojo's eye though seemed like it was piercing right at her

Gojo's eye though seemed like it was piercing right at her. His pupils dilated a bit as he stared down at the girl and repeated slowly. "I promise I will do everything I can to make sure you, Lucy Ackerman, get back to your home safely."

Lucy kept quiet as she looked at Gojo. She could tell he was being serious about this. She didn't understand why a complete stranger would help someone like her. Lucy was used to growing up and having to fend for herself in the Underground. The only person she could have relied on was always Levi until they joined the Scouts.

Gojo let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when Lucy brought her hand up and ran her fingers through his hair. "Fine," she agreed. "Don't make me regret this."

Gojo smiled. "You won't. It is me after all." Gojo glanced at the clock. "We should head back and wash up."

Lucy nodded, ignoring that small thump in her chest. "Fine. I'm a bit tired anyway."

They gathered their things. Gojo held the door open for Lucy to go through.

"Purple," Lucy said out of nowhere. Gojo raised his brow. "My favorite color is purple. I don't have a favorite food. Music isn't my thing. And I have an older brother, Levi."

Gojo soon realized that she was answering his questions from earlier. Lucy tsked and walked ahead. Gojo smiled as he watched the girl walk away from him.

It's a start.

》》》》

A/N: What would your reaction be if Gojo stared at you like that?