Twenty Six

Author's Note:
Hi friends, tis I.
Just a quick note. I've gotten some comments on the last chapter with some questions and I just want to clear some things up.
Tobias and Gill did indeed use protection. In choosing to not write a detailed sexytime scene, it seems I've also neglected to include that important bit of information.
While I do plan on Gill and Tobias to eventually try to have babies in the future, it will not be in this book, nor will it be while they are in high school. As far as an accidental pregnancy storyline goes, I do not intend to go in that direction with this book. Especially because we are (sadly) getting to the end in a couple more chapters. I do have a couple chapters of the next book written though, as well as a plan for book three. So fear not, you will see more from these characters, as well as some new faces.

Also, apologies for a few things. One, again, uploading is EXTREMELY slow. And two, some of the spacing between lines is a little weird because I wrote a lot of this chapter on my phone, and then wrote some on the computer and for some reason Wattpad on the computer puts bigger spaces between lines and idk how to fix it. And finally, three, there's a few pov swaps in this chapter. I know, it's annoying and confusing, but I really didn't want to make this chapter super short after making you all wait for it for so long, and there's a lot I tried to fit in here. 

Gill

My eyes fluttered open and I let out a yawn. I looked up and saw that Toby was still asleep. I blushed when I realized we were both still naked, and our limbs were tangled together. I giggled and pressed a soft kiss to his jaw, and trailed them up his chin until I looked up and his sleepy eyes were staring back at me.
  "Good morning!" He smiled and tightened his grip on my waist.
  "Good morning, Love. How are you feeling?"
  "Good! I'm a little sore, but I expected that. I'm just really really reeeeeally happy." I smiled and pecked his lips.
  'You look so beautiful.' I jumped at the sound of his voice in my head, making me wince at the sharp pain in my rear end.
  "Was that the..." I trailed off, my eyes wide.
  'The mind link. Just concentrate on me and what you want to say.' I nodded.
  'I love you.' Toby's smile widened and he laughed.
  "I love you too." He pecked my lips lightly. "When you're ready to stop talking, you can close the link. Imagine the person you're talking to in front of you, and then envision a wall building up between you, blocking you from them." I nodded and tried it. I felt something in me shift, as if a barrier was built up inside my head.
  "Ooh, wait. What was the other thing you said I could do after this?"
  "There's the tingly pain thing." Toby pinched his wrist and I felt a small tingle in the same spot on my own wrist. That was freaky. "You can talk to Griffin with the link too, even when he's not in control. You can sense my emotions, as I can sense yours. And now there's also nothing stopping us from taking over as alphas. Are you ready for that?" I bit my lip as I thought it over.
  "I'm ready." He smiled sweetly at me.
  "I'll talk to my father about it later then. Right now, I think we should go take a shower." I blushed and hid my head in the crook of his neck.
  "Together?"
  "Why not? You know, water conservation and all that." I giggled and kissed his jaw.
  "And that's the only reason?" I squealed as suddenly I was pulled up to straddle his hips. I blushed at the feeling of my bare thighs against his.
  "Well, now that you mention it, I also just want to stare at you and touch you." His hands ran down my back and rested just above my ass, giving me chills. I rested my hands against his stomach and smiled at him. 
  "Well...what are we waiting for then?" I quickly climbed off his lap and out of bed, blushing darker at my exposed body. He just sat back for a moment, raking his eyes from the top of my head down to my toes.
  "I'm so lucky." He whispered before getting up as well. I may have seen and touched all of him the night before, but somehow in the daylight, he looked even better. His hands soon found my hips as he pulled me roughly toward him, my hands instantly tangling in his hair as his lips descended on mine.