Aurora blinked slowly. What the hell had her life become? She almost found herself yearning for the boring days lounging around at Malfoy Manor, messing with her brother and bickering with Tom. She gets invited to Hogwarts, and what? She has to go through a midlife crisis at the keen age of twelve?

She went from spending her time in finding creative new ways to make Lucius miserable, to now having practically the whole world placed upon her delicate shoulders. She wanted to laugh and cry at the same time in her delusional mind. Her eyes looked corpse-like, and the tiny amount of pigmentation she'd gained on her pale skin vanished, due to her new horribly unorthodox sleep schedule.

Thinking purely of the only thing about that wretched family she actually cared for, she defensively stated, "Uh- right. Forgive me for not believing you," she scoffed, "But uh, have you seen Draco and I? They don't call us twins purely for the aesthetic."

Dumbledore chuckled. Her scowl deepened at this ridiculous notion, as the Professor calmly replied, "Yes, I did try to keep your eccentric appearance in mind while choosing a family for you. It actually made the options quite difficult, you see, as not many other families share your genetic traits so similarly."

What truly baffled Aurora was that neither Tom nor Dumbledore were acting the way she was feeling on the inside. Dumbledore? She could slightly understand, seeing as he'd somehow known of this uprooting information all along. But Tom? After the initial shock, he just seemed only mildly interested— probably just pondering if she was still a pureblood or not.

Aurora rubbed her temples instinctively, not even noticing her defeated body language. "I need a fire whiskey," she muttered faintly.

Dumbledore looked conflicted between being concerned and downright amused by her statement. Tom, on the other hand, scowled and voiced, "You're twelve, Aurora. If I have to listen to you make another comment of such adult matters, I'll respectfully stab my eyes out of their sockets."

She turned to Tom, who Dumbledore could not see, and indignantly responded, "Good, maybe then they won't turn red and haunt me in the nightmares I have every night. You know, the ones that you caused?"

Dumbledore had been with the unlikely duo for a long period of time, which is why his facial features didn't change after seeing the girl snap rudely to thin air.

Tom rolled his narrow dark eyes, "Old news," he said dismissively, "The point is, I've had to listen to your screeching voice talk nonstop for over twenty four hours, and you're giving me a headache."

Rory sneered at his audacity, "You little— It's not my fault that you're actions continue to cause me stress! I'm literally up all night because of nightmares of you torturing me. And to add a dazzling cherry on top, I've just had a crazy ass vision of your evil actions. And now I'm sitting here running off of no sleep, trying to solve the problem that you created when you thought it'd somehow be a fantastic idea to try and kill a baby for shits and giggles," she snapped back at the teen whom she'd been overly fed up with.

Dumbledore was open mouthed, as he'd just witnessed Aurora having a full on heated argument with nothing. Tom, on the other hand for once, thankfully, accepted defeat and slumped back into the armchair, beyond annoyed.

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "Do you two need some time to talk out your differences?" He asked kindly.

Aurora snorted, "What? That?" She chuckled amusedly, "Nah, we're good. I thought you'd seen enough to know that's how we communicate. Probably not the healthiest, but on the bright side I would probably excel on the Debate Team."