She let out a rushed breath. "Look, my time left here is numbered and it's approaching quickly. I needed you to know that and I love you and your sister more than anything in this world despite what you think of me."

What did I think of her?

She was the reason for my father dying, my family falling apart. She just up and left because of a bunch of material things. Though, she was my mother and one of the last living family members I have left. Marcus was halfway around the world while Katrina was one hair away from a psychotic breakdown. And now my mother. What she did was unforgivable but I can't just let her die.

Without even thinking about it, I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my phone. I quickly dialed Jay's number and he answered on the first ring. "I'll be right there."

I didn't even need to tell him what was up. He already knew me too well. Jay was by my side in less than a minute. He looked over at my dying mother and then back at me, emotionless. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Help me get her out of here."

Jay only nodded. "I think I got something back in the car that'll cut through those shackles." with that he turned and jogged back towards the exit.

"Bryce," my head snapped back to my mom. Her face clouded over with sadness as well as happiness. "I can't allow you to take me with you. I don't deserve it."

"You're right. You don't." She winced by my bluntness but nodded in agreement. "But no one deserves to die because of their mistakes. As much as I want to hate your entire existence, you're still my mother. And I can't just leave you here. Especially since Raymond was the one behind it all."

My mom stared at me then. Her eyes welling up with tears. Her head dropped as she shook her head lightly. "T-Thank you, son."

I shook my head. "Don't thank me. I'm only helping you this once no more. That's all you're going to get out of me. After this I don't want anything else to do with you."

Jay appeared then with some type of tool I never seen before. I raised an eyebrow at him and he only shrugged. Leave it to Jay to have some random ass tool that looks like something off a Saw movie just lying around. He looked over at my mom and then back at me. He gave me a face almost like he was saying 'everything okay?'. I answered with a curt nod. Jay smirked and headed towards the crate.

"Let's get to work. We got a Princess to rescue."

My mind was racing with all this new information. I was relieved to know that Raymond wasn't actually my biological father. But it burned me up inside to know that he was behind my father's death. Raymond took everything and everyone I loved away from me. And I'll be damned if he takes Shay with him as well. My fist clenched at my sides. Vengeance was on the agenda and I'll do whatever I have to to end Raymond.

Jay's phone began going off. He stopped sawing at the chains and looked down at his phone. Confusion clouded over his facial features and was soon covered up with a sly smirk. "You're never going to guess who received some much needed information from." he said.

"Who?"

With that he tossed his phone in my direction. I caught it with ease and looked down at the screen. My eyes racked over the message over and over. A wide smile spread across my face then as I tossed the phone back to Jay.

"That mother fucker is going down now!" Jay exclaimed turning back to cutting my mom out.

Couldn't said it better myself.

Shay's POV

My body ached so much that I wasn't even sure if I would be able to move. My eyelids were heavy and sore. I took in my surroundings, there were no windows just a room with concrete flooring and brick wall. Was I in a jail cell? I signed deeply blowing away some dust on the ground.