After the rather quick shower, (Y/N) went to her closet and took some of Oliver's clothes. Walking back to the living room, she found Jack reading, this time sitting on the chair.

The book.

She darted her eyes somewhere else when Jack looked up at her. The girl felt his eyes on her, making her fumble with the clothes she held in her hands.

(Y/N) had many things to lose, but her drive for the wellbeing of her home was stronger than the fact that he could gut her at any given moment. Coming closer, but not too close to him, she dropped the clothes on the table.

"Here are some clothes. Uh, you can, if you want... You can shower if you want."

Nobody spoke for the next two minutes. The (H/C) haired girl felt nervousness tingle her fingers as the masked boy just continued to stare. (Y/N) felt like disappearing into nothingness, the air felt so heavy that she could almost choke. Closing the book, Jack had gotten up and took the clothes, observing them for a while before looking at the girl again.

"Alright."

With a murmur, he was gone. A thud made a noise in the living room, the cause being the now much calmer (Y/N). Letting out a sigh of relief, she thanked the universe that he didn't try anything. Staying on the floor for a while, the girl kept thinking about everything.

Already losing almost a whole day by sleeping, she only had one evening and a whole day to save her life. There was absolutely nothing that came to mind that could potentially save her.

The thoughts that occupied her mind were cut short when the loud grumbling of her stomach made an appearance.

Right, I haven't exactly eaten yesterday.

There were many ingredients that could serve her for a nice lunch, but she didn't really have any recipes, nor could she decide on something from the internet.
Calling Oliver would be a good idea, but Jack wouldn't allow it, she was sure.

"Is the inside of that fridge that interesting?" jumping harshly, (Y/N) noticed the tall boy standing on the other side of the fridge door. His gray arm rested on the top of the door as his masked face looked down on the girl. Startled yet again, she put her hand over her heart.

"Please don't scare me like that."

"You're normally scared of me, I don't see the problem." She could feel him grin underneath the blue mask. He was scary to her of course, but not for the reasons he thought.

She noticed that his mask looked cleaner, it no longer had the fresh liquid on it, only some old stains. He walked away from the fridge and laid on the couch. Following his movements, the girl noticed how well built he was.

The murderers she saw in documentaries had nothing on this guy. Before he could notice her staring, disrespectfully too, she closed the fridge, turning towards the kitchen counter.

Hell, what am I thinking? This isn't a fantasy world dumbass, you should be pissing your pants from fear right now.

"I am hungry but... there isn't anything that I could make easily. I wanted to ask if I could call my friend to guide me through a recipe or something..."

Jack wanted to protest, but the grumbling of the girl's stomach made him think twice. She wouldn't die if she avoided one day without food, but he didn't know when was the last time the girl ate. Assuming she was under stress, she probably found no time to eat properly, and he didn't want to risk her fainting. He found no pleasure in killing half dead bodies, and didn't want to play doctor.

Pulling out the scalpel out of the sweatpants she gave him, he took the phone from the table and walked to her slowly. Placing it on the counter, he slid his scalpel underneath her chin.

"One word, I won't hesitate to kill you. Are we clear?" nodding, the girl took the phone and dialed the number of her friend.

"I am obligated to tell you that I am doing the weirdest commission yet."

Oliver, he frowned. Listening to the two talking, (Y/N) walking left and right, getting dishes and ingredients, Jack moved to sit on a chair. The two were deep in conversation about the recipe. (Y/N) had turned on the TV, letting a program with music play in the background. It irritated Jack, the sounds of it all mixing.

Deciding that he has had enough of sitting and listening, the boy thought that maybe he should have some fun with her, but also put her to the test.

"Who are you talking to?" he said, watching as the girl froze in her place and slowly turned to face him. The silence of theirs was amusing.

"It's just Oliver, my childhood friend. I've told you about him before."

Jack was stunned. He hadn't expected her to respond like that. Her face stayed in the same shocked position, but her voice was somewhat cheerful.

"Who was that?" Oliver spoke through the phone. Making eye contact with (Y/N), Jack observed carefully.

"That's the boyfriend I hid from you, obviously." The masked boy kept quiet now, wondering where this was going.

"You actually hid a whole boyfriend, for three weeks I've stayed? Are you being serious right now?"

"I was joking Oliver. It's just a friend from college. We've been paired up to do an assignment, so I'm making us some dinner. Isn't that right Jamie?" (Y/N) looked at him with the most sour grin he had ever seen.

Going along with it, Jack only hummed in response. He was impressed, humans did know how to lie, but he never experienced one doing it so quickly, so clean. Hell, he'd believe her too if he were Oliver.

The rest of the call went full of bickering. During the whole evening and eventually night, Jack didn't speak to (Y/N). He noticed that she didn't mind either. He spent his quiet time reading the book, while occasionally throwing glances at the girl.

She went to bed early tonight, which was fine with him. He however, remained awake throughout most of the night, drowning himself with thoughts. It was funny to think about how stressed she was from his empty threat.

It should be interesting tomorrow.
——————————————————————
Hi! Here is a longer chapter,, I kind of got carried away and had to delete so much text because there was over 2000 words,,,
I really appreciate the support from all of you, and I'm so happy you enjoy this :)
Remember to take care of yourselves please! <3