Library//08

Library: A building or room containing collections of books, periodicals, and sometimes films and recorded music for use or borrowing by the public or the members of the institution.
———————————————————

Sunday went by faster than (Y/N) expected. She was right when she said Oliver was going to drag her outside. The two met up with Lauren and Andrew and spent the day marching around the town. By the time they parted ways and returned home, (Y/N) was exhausted, knocked out by nine already.

After making up a well thought lie about why she took a week break and explaining it to Tanya, she continued working as usual. The morning shift, which she always does, was a little less busy than usual. Mondays were almost always packed in the early mornings, but today there was a noticeable change. Tanya and (Y/N) didn't mind however.

When the shift ended, (Y/N) rushed to the college building, more than ready to finish with the lectures for today and get to work.  Sitting down on her usual spot, she noticed Andrew wasn't in the classroom.

"Where's Andrew? He's going to be late or?"

"No, dumbass got sick. I told him he would when he decided to walk with his jacket off in the middle of October." Lauren snickered.

(Y/N) giggled, mentally noting to send him a text wishing a speedy recovery. Putting her bag on the table to take her notebook and pen, she spotted her laptop inside and pressed her lips into a thin line.

"Hey Lauren."

"Yeah?" the girl turned to her, raising her eyebrows.

"Would you keep me company in the library today? I started looking through the links you sent me, maybe we could find more things over there."

Lauren grinned, nodding her head. "Sure! But no staying after five."

Lauren could notice how eager (Y/N) was for the classes to finish, seeing that she was tapping her fingers against the wooden table and bouncing her leg up and down. She chose not to say anything about it. As much as she loved the idea of exploring a murder with someone else, she couldn't help but be worried for (Y/N), considering that she went through that nightmare last week.

When the lecture ended, the girls headed to the library, (Y/N) pushing through the crowd rather harshly and Lauren following while giving apologetic looks to the colleagues that were getting pushed.

Arriving at the library, they took a seat far away in the back and began with their research.

The links Lauren found didn't have as much information as (Y/N) hoped there would be. The girls spoke rarely, mostly taking interesting notes and staring at their screens. After a certain time, Lauren looked at the ceiling, sighing.

"My brain hurts." She muttered, but (Y/N) only hummed at her statement.

Getting up, Lauren picked up a couple of old newspaper articles, dating four years ago and forward. (Y/N) looked back at her friend and decided to join her, but instead looking at various books about cults. The pair continued to work in silence, only stopping to mention something interesting they'd run into.

The clock was nearing five, and the tiredness of both girls only increased. They were both evidently stressed about the lack of, well, anything. No cult mentioned anything about eating kidneys, and the murders mentioned in the newspaper were the same old, repetitive ways of killing.

It was around four thirty when (Y/N) closed the book she held and returned it on the shelf. Both faith and patience were running out for her, and she was ready to pack and leave. Walking towards the table she had her stuff at, Lauren called for her.