𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒

Sirens, ambulances, trucks, and soldiers surrounded the burning Starcourt mall. The air filled with smoke, making the air terrible quality to breath in. Y/N sat behind an ambulance truck, a person part of the crew helped Y/N's wounds on her arm, finding out she sprained her wrist. She saw El cuddling Mike in the freezing weather of the fourth of July. Y/N saw Steve jump on to sit next to her and kissed her cheek, she winced.

"Did I do something?" Steve saw her expression, cupping her face gently.

"No, it's just that my cheek burns where they hit me in the base," Y/N mumbled as Steve laid a blanket on top of her to keep her warm, she extended the blanket to cover both of them, "There, so you don't have to be cold too."

"I hate that those bastards that hit you although I was unconscious," Steve grumbled and Y/N rubbed his back. He noticed the compression wrap on her wrist, "What happened?"

"Turns out I sprained my wrist, didn't feel it," Y/N answered as Steve put her wrist onto his thigh.

"Wow, you're just.....so."

"So what?"

"Perfect.... you just sprained your wrist and you're just so strong," Steve complimented as Y/N peered over to see that El was being put on a bandaid on her forehead where she got injured."You really scared me inside there," Steve glanced at her, feeling her shoulders under his arm, "I thought you were going to die."

"No, I just felt really tired and I wanted everything to be over, it hurt me to see El and Max breaking down. They're like my sisters and watching them cry broke me," Y/N sniffed and shivered due to the mist in the air, "Everything was a blur to me."

"Hey it's alright, you put on a brave face to help them," Steve complimented, rubbing his thumb over their hands, "That's the reason why I love you. You do your best to do what's right, even in the darkest times, I cannot stress this enough, but I love you so much, I can't comprehend it."

"Wow, really?" Y/N asked and bit her lip, "Never heard someone tell me those words in a long time."

"Oh," He felt bad for her, maybe he should've said something to her before anything of this. She deserved to be loved, it didn't matter because he was there for her now, "Well, I'm here and I'm going to care for you with my life, even if I have to sacrifice myself one day."

Y/N felt a tear drop on her cheek, and smacked his chest, "Don't say that, you scare me, but I see your point."

"That just proves my love for you," He chucked, feeling a bit of the pain strain on his bruised eye.

Y/N saw Joyce and Murray walk out of the parking lot. Will spotted them and ran towards his mom, being jubilant to see his mom safe. As they hugged, she noticed that El was looking for Hopper, Joyce shook her head indicating he didn't make it out. Eleven stood in the middle of the place, crying, knowing her dad was dead in there. Y/N let go of Steve and ran towards El to hug her.

"El!" Y/N exclaimed in the hug, "What happened?"

"It's.....it's....Hop," She choked out and cried even harder, as the hug became tighter.

"Oh, El it's going to be okay," Y/N assured and comforted her, wetting her shirt from El's tears, "I'm here for you, I'm going to help you okay?"

"Thank you," Eleven sniffed, Y/N always has given her love to others, but she never payed attention the love that people gave her. She has been a helper even in the darkest times, almost ruining herself and not taking care of herself to be there for those in need. Steve saw how much she cared for them, at the point where she passed out for them, he loved her. He wanted to show that to her, ever since he broke up with Nancy, Y/N had been so special to him. Seeing her made his day, he always wanted to be with her. Dustin had been correct, they were perfect for each other, they shared a chemistry between them. Steve smiled almost tears welling up, at the sight of his beautiful girlfriend, Y/N L/N. She was perfect, her smile, the small gestures, her personality, and everything single part of her was so goddess-like to him.

He loved her.

Finally.

Love

/ləv/

"an intense feeling of deep affection."