CHAPTER THREE

Louis sat on his throne in the main hall with a tired expression looming on his face. Here he was, sitting on a throne of such authority. He should be proud to be the king and hold his head up high. But now, he only listened to the pouring rain outside and thought of how the weather resembled the aching buzz in his veins.

He had just finished giving trials for the prisoners and their crimes. For now, being the king, he was in charge of their punishment. Whether it was life or death, Louis got to choose. The thought alone scared him.

The rain pounded against the castle walls, bringing shivers down Louis' spine.

"Your Highness," a servant suddenly rushed up to him, bowing immediately. He straightened up and gave Louis a nervous look. "You have a visitor."

Louis sat up in his chair, the boredom falling away with the servants words. "Send them in," he responded.

A nervous feeling wrecked through Louis at the thought of someone visiting in this weather. He just had to hope it wasn't King Robin.

Three guards burst through the doors on the opposite end of the hall. They were escorting someone, who was soaking wet from the rain outside. As they walked closer, he could see the figure had dark hair that was falling over his eyes—

Louis sat up straighter in his chair as the figure and his guards stumbled forward.

"Louis!" the oh-so-familiar voice called. Louis stood up from his throne. He knew that voice better than anything. The sweet, sweet voice filled with omega undertones. It was his boy's voice.

"Harry," Louis breathed out, keeping his eyes trained on the boy until he was on the steps a few feet away from his throne, held tight in the guards' grip. Harry was completely soaked from the rain. His curly hair was tangled and messy, his eyes were wild as he stared up at Louis. He looked like such a mess.

"I'll take him," Louis declared. Immediately, one of the guards opened his mouth to protest, Louis quickly cut him off.

"I said, I'll take him," Louis said in a firmer voice, adding a small alpha tone to it, simply to prove his authority.

The guards released Harry simultaneously with a small shove. Harry, so caught up in staring at Louis, fell forward at the push. Louis lunged forward in time to catch him and pulled him close to his chest.

Harry was halfway through an apology when Louis suddenly gripped him underneath his knees and picked him up into his arms bridal style. Harry squeaked in surprise.

Uncaring what the guards —or anyone— were thinking—or even how wet his robes were getting—Louis took Harry out of the room and started heading towards his chambers.

"Lou—" Harry began, but Louis shushed him quickly, making his way up the stairs and into the tower where his room was located.

When they reached the top, Louis effortlessly shut the door and walked into the small bath and set Harry down on a small chair.

"Wha—" Harry started again, trembling with how wet and cold he was. Louis chuckled and shushed him again.

"Before we talk, you should take a bath," he said softly. "You're going to get sick, and we certainly don't need that."

Harry got very quiet and just nodded, before letting out a small sniffle when Louis walked towards a large basin.

"See?" he chuckled, testing the water with his hand. "Don't want you getting sick, love."

Harry visibly blushed at his words. Louis could tell that, even despite the dark lighting.

"Go ahead and get undressed, I'll go grab you some clean clothes," Louis got up and left the room. When he returned with some of his clothes, Harry stood completely naked in the room. Louis completely lost his breath.