Chapter 13

"Remembering something interesting there old buddy?"  Kill shot asked with and evil smirk.
I was still dumbfounded at the whole scene.
I mean, I did kill him but I wasn't expecting to see him anytime soon. Back then I won the battle but now he is the winner of a fucking food contest!

He headed my direction, a little too close to me and whispered in my ears "we've got a score to settle, hope you make it out of here" then he chuckled.
"Bruh the fact that you won a cooking contest doesn't make you too big for me. You're still that weak coward I killed back then"
His facial expression changed to something I couldn't exactly decipher. Anger? I guess? But who cares?
"Look there Kerry here is the underworld and you are not the boss here so you better shut up and pray to your gods that you make it out of here. Besides it wouldn't be bad if you end up staying here and I leave this pit hole with your lovely Ashley. A little fun with her wouldn't be bad don't you think?" He smiled evilly yet again.
"Don't you dare lay your filthy hands on Ashley else I'll have them chopped off," Kerry groaned angrily.
" I guess I should cry to mummy since Mr. big fat wolf wants to devour me,"Killshot laughed hysterically like he made the funniest joke on the planet.
I just stomped away angrily. Why should I be wasting precious time here with him when I could spend it with Ashley.
I finally spotted the woman who had been giving me sleepless nights. The one I couldn't wait to hold and kiss, to make mine and to father children. There she stood with her back turned towards me. Her slender neck and beautifully created hips. I couldn't love her any less. Even dressed like an old hag she still looked so beautiful. Indeed she was the queen, my queen. She wasn't looking my direction. It looked like she was searching for something, someone probably, maybe me. The thought of it just made me smile. I stood quietly admiring her beauty. She finally turned around and she smiled widely as her eyes met mine. "Was she excited to meet me as I was?" How could I be so lucky to meet such a kind person like Ashley.
"Hey" I said. Deciding against dramatically hugging and lifting her up. She looked very tired but then again why won't she be? This place is hell for god sake .
"Mmm I don't think I can continue with this life" she said sadly.
"Baby, you got to put yourself together..Remember I'm here with you."
She just nodded her head.
My Ashley who also had a beautiful smile on her face, who was always happy and optimistic, who I yearned to see after every kill is now like this,without any amount of hope in her, looking broken and it's all because that creature-Decipher, Kerry mentally groaned angrily.
Oh how I wish he was a mortal being, how I wish this was earth, how I wish I could go back in time and how I wish was alive.

"Hello little slaves of the underworld."
A mischievous voice spoke. I can't say it was an ugly one because it sounded so melodious but yet still annoying.
"So now that we're done with the food contest let's move on to the next task.
Can anyone guess what that will be?"He continued.

"What of chopping our thumbs" one weakling remarked and his stupid minion backed him up with laughter as if it were even funny.
Bruh this is Satan we're dealing with you can't be making such jokes I mentally roared.

"Well not what I was thinking about but maybe that will do." Dispater replied with a wicked grin

"No sir it was only a joke," the little weakling quickly retorted realizing the damage he was causing.
You idiot, I thought. This guy will probably not make it out of here if he continues with this behavior but if he does I'll just kill him again  because I so much despise idiots.

"Funny little idiot making jokes with me. Don't try that next time," Dispater commanded.
"So as I was saying, your next task or let me say tasks should be interesting because hell is getting boring. For now take some rest because what awaits you is interesting." Dispater smiled. Definitely not a good one and with that we all went to our designated spots and sleep took over.