Chapter 26

Be kind to me and love each other.

The world keeps spinning on.

Sierra's POV

My mum had called me this morning, immediately making me flood with guilt. We always texted and sent audios but I hadn't actually called her in a while.

So when she called me while I was scrolling through Instagram, I did panic a bit. Not to mention Zayn was also squished beside me, watching another rom-com.

Fortunately, everything went fine, my mum had embarrassed me multiple times in French by pointing out how pretty he was. Zayn didn't understand what was going on half the time when she switched languages, which was funny. He had the cutest faces when he was trying to figure out some words if they sounded familiar to English ones.

Quite a bit had happened since Harry and Myra's engagement. For one, Zayn came with me to Sam's grave which was strange to say the least. I wasn't ashamed at all for going to the cemetery less often, it was eventual that I'd stop going so frequently.

I would always love Sam. But Zayn was it for me. He was my eternity.

Life had shattered us with pain. But at the end of the day, we'd found our way to each other. And somehow, in the most fucked way possible, our broken pieces had taught us to love again. Better than we had with our past partners, which neither of us thought could be possible.

The universe had its ways with us, no matter how messed up the journey seemed.

***

"Okay, add in the chocolate chips now," I directed him, staring at the recipe to make sure we hadn't missed anything.

"You sure?" he said, conflicted.

We were both great at cooking but baking was not our forte at all. Zayn's therapist had advised him to try new things with me, where we were on the same basis and both new to the concept.

And immediately, we'd both suggested baking.

"Yeah," I said hesitantly. It seemed right to me, the mixture looked fine so far.

I high-fived him after we placed the cookie dough into balls on the tray. Last week, our mixture had been too soggy and we gave up trying to form anything with it.

I scooped some extra dough onto my finger, watching him evilly.

"No, don't you dare," he said, watching me cautiously.

"Too late," I quipped, swatching the dough onto his nose.

"Sierra, get your ass here," he commanded, wiping the dough off as a sly smile appeared on his face.

"That's not happening," I laughed, trying to avoid him by skidding around the counter.

"I'll eventually get you love," he taunted, watching me calmly.

The predatory look in his eyes was all too familiar right now.

Exactly what I was hoping for.

"Oh someone's mad," I tormented him, flinging the oven glove at him teasingly.

It made contact with his abs, the impact barely noticeable, making me giggle.

"Come here right now and I'll let you off easily," he said, expecting me to come over.

"You clearly don't know me well if you think I'm gonna do that," I chided, sending him a kiss from across the kitchen.