Chapter 8

Can't take my eyes off you, baby.

Let me love you, baby.

Sierra's POV

Being in a relationship again was exhilarating. It was crazy to think that I had a boyfriend. I have and always will love Sam but it seemed I had finally learned to give my attention to a new person in my life. Zayn.

After two years, I had come to understand that being with someone else doesn't mean I was dishonoring the love Sam had for me. In fact, I was finally completing the wish he had for me. To carry on with my life, without forgetting him.

Zayn wasn't rushing me but I knew in my heart that soon enough, he'd ask how Sam passed away. I pushed this to the side for now. Even if I knew how to cope with this new experience, some things would never get easier. Talking about Sam's death would probably never be something that would never be natural to me and in a way, I was thankful for that. It meant I would always think of him. His death will always be a fresh wound that reopened on my bad days but I had my loved ones to help me with that. My parents, Myra, Harry and Zayn were that for me. Especially Zayn.

Love was a whole other topic. Perhaps in time, I could utter those words to him. Not for now though. I was scared to love again because I knew firsthand the impact of losing someone you loved. But what might come to a shock for others was that I knew Zayn was more scared of loving someone than I was.

Zayn loved Selene but she didn't reciprocate his feelings. She used his love in such a cruel and wicked way that it had left him shattered. She stole his ability to confine in another, which was disastrous since he already had trust issues and pain pent up in him even before he had met her. You could never compare your experience with someone else's but whilst I knew Sam had loved me, Zayn knew Selene hadn't loved him. He thought she had but Selene had cheated on him, shattering the comfort he had felt in their relationship. She had used the vulnerability Zayn gave her against him which was one of the worst things you could do to a person.

Unspoken topics were obviously present between us but I had faith we'd talk about them in time. For now, we were happy in how our relationship was going and that was what mattered the most.

I had gone out shopping with Myra and she had used the time to drown me in relationship advice until she realized she might have overwhelmed me a bit. She had then proceeded to drag me into a lingerie shop and I didn't hate it as much as I had thought I would've. I was pleased with the lingerie set I had picked out; a lacy bodysuit with a thin suspender belt connecting to mini stockings. It made me look innocent which I know would drive Zayn crazy. Especially since he liked to point out on a daily that I was anything but pure in bed.

I reached Zayn's at around 7pm, entering with the key he insisted I keep with me in case. I knew he was home so I felt comfortable entering, placing the macarons on the kitchen counter. Ever since I told Zayn my mum was French, he felt extra proud when he told me his favourite desert was macarons. It was adorable as fuck.

Myra was desperate for me to show off the lingerie to Zayn so I had washed and dried the set at our house, just in time for before she dropped me at his apartment block. I put the set on, placing his black shirt and my white sweatpants on top so nothing would seem unusual. I fixed my messy bun and headed to his room to get him so we could eat dinner before his surprise.

"Babyyyyy" I yelled, knowing he was deaf when he was playing video games, "Dinner's ready!"

I couldn't be asked to go to his room even though he only had a short staircase since he lived in an apartment. Although, I would call it more of a condo, his business really did seem to pay off. Myra always made jokes about Zayn and Harry's income, claiming we both had sugar daddies now since Zayn was now my boyfriend. In reality though, I was 23 and Zayn was 25 so our age gap wasn't large at all.