Chapter 9

When we come together.

Like a force of nature.

Zayn's POV

A cold gust of wind pricked my skin when I woke up and I pulled the blanket over my shirtless chest, trying to preserve my body heat. The balcony door of my room was an inch open and I could see Sierra's perfect outline through the glass, her hair blowing in the light morning wind.

I entered my bathroom, used some mouthwash to freshen up and pulled on some basketball shorts. I didn't forget to grab a cigarette and my lucky lighter - Harry managed to find some Disney lighters and gave me the Tinkerbell one the day I told him about Sierra and I.

Smiling at the memory, I stepped onto the balcony, rubbing my arms in the cold. I wrapped my arms around Sierra's waist, placing a kiss on her collarbone.

"Morning babe," I murmured in her neck.

"Good morning baby," she replied, her hands placed on the balcony ridge.

She leaned back on my inked chest and kissed me softly, making me smile when her lips connected with mine. I spinned her waist around so our mouths met properly and I hugged her afterwards, placing my chin on her soft head, observing the outline of the Houses of Parliament. My arms wrapped around her head, kissing the top of her head. I don't know why I did that but the action seemed to comfort both of us. Everything felt natural with her, it felt right.

I pulled back to light my cigarette and exhaled the smoke into the air, placing my lighter back in my pocket. Sierra laughed when she saw the Tinkerbell design on it.

"Harry, I presume?" she asked, grinning.

"Who else would give me something this obnoxious? But I have to admit, I kind of like it. Don't tell him though." I admitted and she giggled in response.

"Your secret's safe with me," she promised, "I don't wanna encourage him and end up with a massive Tinkerbell poster staring into my soul everytime I enter my room. Or yours."

She shuddered at the thought of it and I grinned stupidly, looking into her happy eyes.

"This view is overrated," I said, surveying the morning skyline, "London's gloomy."

I took another puff of my cigarette, making sure not to blow in her pretty face.

"I agree with you, it's just a city full of rain and tobacco," she remarked, "when did you start smoking?"

"Around 17, I would smoke other shit at parties but I resorted to cigarettes since they're easily disposable. My grandma hates that I smoke but I can't help it, it's a relief for me."

She nodded in understanding, pulling the cigarette from my lips so she could inhale the tobacco before she softly blew it out. She handed it back to me and coughed lightly at the aftermath. I watched her in amusement, she was so effortlessly cute without even realising it.

"I never developed an attraction to smoking but I remember after Sam died, I would drown my sorrows in alcohol before I got my shit together. Then I started working at the local social centre."

"When Selene cheated on me, I often found myself drinking away my problems too. I'm glad it never developed into a real addiction."

We reflected on our past in the freezing weather, sharing our body heart in the chilly English weather. Even though I wasn't wearing anything except my shorts, I could feel her shivering against me.

"Let's get in baby," I said, guiding us back into the warmth of my house. I closed the balcony door behind me before I heard my phone vibrating.

My nan's name showed up and I picked up the phone, bracing myself for what I was about to hear.