"So what do you think about that Emmy?" Justin smiles, referring to us moving in together at the end of the year when we left for college.

I sit up, wrapping the blanket around me to keep myself dignified and covered.

"Justin, I - I can't," I admit.

Justin's smile falters instantly; "why?" He questions, his voice breaking, and vulnerability seeping through every word.

I look down, not wanting to answer and after a few moments, Justin answers for me.

"Aiden."

I nod softly.

"I thought you said you were over him," Justin questions softly, his voice breaking once again.

"I love him, nothing I do will stop that and I understand that now," I whisper.

Justin looks down at the bed, "did you sleep with me just then to try and forget?"

I look at Justin and see the vulnerability in his eyes, "not at all Justin, my father made me feel worthless and I just wanted to feel wanted, I don't regret sleeping with you at all and it definitely wasn't because of Aiden."

Justin nods sadly, "I think it's time for me to give up."

I look at him, trying to decipher what he means.

"I mean that I think it's time for me to stop trying to win you, I'll always be here for you but this is killing me, I'm so in love with you Em, and every time you reject me, or talk about Aiden, or even worse when you don't reject me makes me feel like absolute shit because I know that you'll never feel that way about me again," Justin admits.

I nod at him sadly, "I'm so sorry Justin, you're the one who made me feel again after Maddi passed and I'll always be in debt to you, you were my first love and the best guy I know and I wish I still felt something for you or that there was even a chance I would again, but I'd be lying to you if I said that."

"I know, and I forgive you. I hope Aiden turns out to be a better guy than I think he is," Justin smiles sadly.

I smile back at him before climbing off the bed, taking the sheet with me. I pick up my clothes that are all discarded on the floor and enter the connected bathroom with my gold bag where I was so thankful that I had thought to bring some touch-up makeup.

I put my clothes back on and fix my makeup as best I can, 10 minutes later I'm ready to go. I walk outside to see Justin fully dressed and on his phone. I smile at him and he smiles back but the smile doesn't reach his eyes.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Not really because the second we leave this room I know I have to stop trying to win you back," Justin admits.

I smile at him sadly, not knowing what else to do or say; "I'm so sorry Justin."

Justin nods at me, smiling. He grabs my hand and we walk to the door together, our hands connected. I let Justin hold my hand because I know it brings him comfort and that he would let go as soon as we left the room.

Justin sighs to himself before opening the door and we step outside together, only to see Aiden and Toby sitting on the steps. They turn to look as they hear the noise and I actually want to run away and hide when I know how obvious what Justin and I just shared was.

"Mills?" Toby questions, shock lacing his words.

I turn away from him and quickly walk the other way and to the other stairs that I knew were just around the corner.

"Emily!!" Aiden yells but I ignore him and keep going. I hear his voice follow and I instantly know that he and Toby were chasing after us. I pull Justin's hand even further and jog down the stairs, the first place I think to go is the courtyard and I'm grateful once I get there, it seemed like everyone was here, sitting around the fires, hopefully Aiden wouldn't make a scene in front of all these people.