006. The Kid and The Witch.

Start from the beginning

The higher men, the ones in charge of the headquarters, were stunned to hear from their lower men that the mercenaries they hired were under attack by a flock of ravens. It was weird to hear a group of ravens attacking people, but what's weirder was the fact that the ravens seemed to move by someone else's command.

"Inform the boss about the attack!" The one who looked like the leader ordered, he was wearing the fanciest clothes out of the five men around him.

"Yes, bos—URGHK!"

The men were astonished when a dark threads of what seems to be shadows pierced through the door and it even went straight to one of their lower member.

They tried to move away from the door when they heard footsteps approaching inside.

"A-A witch!" One of the men screamed.

He was pointing at the lady who entered their office. The lady was wearing a red frilled dress with a pair of the oddest eyes one could ever see. Lily have heard that kind of insult before when some old man saw her left dark eye. She smirked and with a few weird taps on the floor, her dark shadow creature appeared behind her.

"Ebony. Here's another meal for you," she said with her sweetest voice.

The once silent forest was filled with screams as Ebony started attacking them. And Lily listened to their cries as if it was music to her ears.

▬▬▬

Iris was silently watching Roan. The two were left in their rooms at the Holdem Inn. She was thinking if she should end the child before Levi hears of this. She knows too well that they'll be in a lot of trouble if Levi finds out that they didn't do anything to get rid of the child. The three of them was fully aware of how protective Levi was towards their master.

She slowly approached his bed while she slowly took the small knife from the sleeves of her dress. She might receive punishment from her master, but she was also sure that Lily would understand why she needed to do this. They were just too loyal to her and too worried for her own good.

As she was about to point the knife to him, the little child moved. His eyebrows creased together. His complexion was starting to look pale as the child panted heavily. He looked as if he was having a hard time breathing.

"Lily... Lily, no..." He whispered, his voice shaky.

Iris watched in curiosity as the child struggled from his sleep. He appears to be having nightmares, but how can Iris know that? Roan was gripping tightly on his blanket as his feet started kicking from under the folds.

"Lily... Lily... Don't die!"

Iris gaped at him as she realized what he was saying. Roan kept on calling her master's name with a worried tone. She placed her knife back under the safety of her sleeves and she went closer to the kid. Iris placed her hand on top of the kid's hands while her other hand gave his cheek a gentle pat.

"Hey, kid... Wake up. I think you're dreaming," she muttered as she gave his body a gentle shake.

Roan screamed, his body jolting up. His eyes sprung open as he was finally awoken from his nightmare. He was breathing heavily, cold sweats dripping from his face and neck as he catches his breath. He quickly looked around the room, as if he was looking for something or someone.

"Lily?" He called.

Iris frowned down at him then she tried to catch his attention by squeezing his hand. "Master isn't here yet."

Roan looked at her, his pupils shaking. The frown on her face deepened because of the weird look he gave. Roan got out of his bed. He almost fell down because of how high it was, luckily, Iris was able to help him.

Roan quickly searched the room while he calls Lily's name. He checked the bathroom, the inside of the wooden cabinet and even under the other bed beside his. With shaking feet, he went out of the room, Iris following him.

He was starting to make a fuss as he was unable to find nor hear Lily's voice. Roan was about to cry his heart out when a black smoke appeared near the door. Lily, with dirtied clothes, appeared from the black smokes. With teary eyes, Roan quickly dashed to her and gave her a small hug, his small, shaking hands gripping tightly on her dress.

"Where have you been?" Roan asked, biting his lower lip as he tried to prevent his tears from falling.

Lily, who was in a state of shock and confusion, pulled the child upwards, carrying him on her arms. "I went out to buy something." She lied.

As if that wasn't enough to calm himself, Roan frowned at her and he hugged her by the neck tightly. "I missed you all of a sudden," he whispered lowly.

There was a weird smile forming on Lily's face as she soothed his back. Something peculiar trickled within her heart, maybe that was the reason for her weird smile.

Corvus and Iris stood on the side, speechless as they watch their master's fond smile grow wider.