Harry ducked back down just in time. The Horntail blasted him with the heat, the rock protecting him just enough that he wouldn't be burned.

"Your wand, Harry!" Hermione shouted, "Use your wand!"

Harry stuck his wand in the air, shouting a spell. Nothing happened.

Everyone sat in silence as the dragon stalked back and forth. Suddenly, a broom flew over us, scooping up Harry.

He flew out of the arena the Horntail trying to fly after him, the chains around her neck straining.

The chains suddenly snapped, a loud metal screech echoing through the arena. She clapped her wings, sending gusts of air down on us as she flew right over our heads, following the broom.

The whole arena sat in stunned silence, the shrieking of the dragon getting quieter and quieter as Harry led her away.

"He's alright, right?" I whispered to Elijah, gripping onto his arm nervously.

He nodded quickly as if convincing himself.

I gripped onto his arm with one hand, the other gripping Hera's hand tightly.

People muttered to each other, anxiously waiting for his return.

"I can't believe Dumbledore is having him compete." I rolled my eyes. "You would think that if he was so powerful that he would get him out of the contract, especially when he didn't enter and is underage."

"The ministry is too thick headed to recognise," Hera complained, "I wouldn't be surprised if Dumbledore just doesn't care."

"Mhm," Elijah nodded, stuffing his face with some kind of snack he brought.

As Hera and I were complaining about the ministry, a shadow flew over us.

I looked up to see Harry flying back into the arena. Everyone around me cheered excitedly. He swooped down, scooping up the egg, and holding it high above his head as he made a lap around the arena.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hera and I laughed as we made our way into the common room. For the first time since I've been here, there was music and people cheering loudly, celebrating Fleur's win.

"Fleur, c'était incroyable!" I hugged her, shouting over the music.

"C'était terrifiant!" She laughed, hugging me back.

"Well, you have the egg, don't you?" Hera asked loudly.

"Oui! Montrez-nous l'œuf!" I jumped up and down.

She chuckled, leading us to through a crowd of people and to the mantle. She lifted the large egg and held it carefully in her small hands.

"Wow! C'est beau!" I gasped, running my hand over the egg.

"It is quite impressive." Hera smiled, tracing small circles around the egg.

"Pouvez-vous l'ouvrir?" I looked up at her curiously.

"I haven't tried to open it." She shrugged, holding the egg up to her face.

"Oh, yes! Please try to open it!" Hera clapped.

Roger Davies sauntered over, drink in hand.

"You're going to open it?" He asked, swirling his cup.

Fleur and I nodded as Hera blushed. She had recently been obsessed with every boy that would look her way.

"Hey, everyone!" He announced, "Fleur's going to open the egg!"

She waited until a crowd had formed around us, loudly cheering for her to open the egg.

She unlatched the top, the egg falling down like a flower. An awful screech rang out through the common room, piercing my ears.

I doubled over in pain, clutching my head. The sensitivity in my ears made the sound at least ten times worse. Everyone groaned and people dropped their drinks to cover their ears.

Fleur quickly latched the egg shut and everyone sat in silence, recovering from the howl.

"Bloody hell." Hera groaned.

I held my head, trying to steady myself. My brain pounded against my skull and all I could hear was my heartbeat in my ears.

"Are you alright?" Hera asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded weakly, not wanting to admit how awful I felt.

"Ok, " She sighed, knowing how stubborn I was about this kind of thing. "Up to bed."

She led me through a group of pissed-off people and up the stairs to our dorm.

She pushed open the door, nudging me to go in.

I slowly got ready for bed, not really paying attention to what I was doing. I crawled into bed and squeezed my eyes shut, the pounding in my head still not going away.