Sadness Brings Happiness

Start from the beginning

Eugene was holding Jorn and Jorn was struggling to get out of his grip. "Give me back the idol!" Jorn yelled starting to scratch Eugene's face. "How can I give it to you if I don't have it?!" Eugene said and their fighting stopped. "You don't have it? But then who do have it?" Jorn asked and the two Lorbs started calling out and pointing at Rapunzel, Varian, and (Y/n) climbing up the temple. "Oh no! Look, they're trying to destroy the idol of Vershaftsbezeigungengien!" Jorn yelled and everyone yelled and started running towards the three.

The three friends were making their way up the the temple when they heard shouting. "Get them!" The Lorbs yelled and their eyes widened. "Hurry!" Rapunzel yelled and helped Varian and (Y/n) onto the platform with her. "There it is!" Varian yelled and (Y/n) took the idol from Rapunzel's bag and slid placing the statue onto it and raised a rock to smash it. Varian and Rapunzel were right with her holding the statue in place. Her hand went down only to freeze centimeters before hitting the idol.

"Rapunzel." "Pumpkin." "Son." The three looked up to see the King, Quirin, and a women only known by one all stood beside each other. "Please pumpkin. Don't do this. You know just as well as I do that we won't be able to see each other again." The woman said placing her hand on (Y/n)'s cheek. "Rapunzel you can't do this. We miss you so much." King Fredrick said placing his hand onto his heart. "Son...listen to them. I never got to tell you how proud of you I am. Don't let the princess take me from you again." Quirin said and Varian's eyes started watering. "D-dad?" He said sniffled looking down not able to face the man in front of him. "Don't you miss me, little pumpkin?" The woman said and (Y/n) held tightly to the rock in her hand. "I-I have to." (Y/n) said softly as she stared into the woman's eyes. "We're afraid we can't let you do that." All three of the figures said simultaneously.

Eugene and Cass made it to the top of the temple. They were both out of breath when Eugene spoke first. "Alright Blondie. Hand it over-" He said and stared at the three people in front of him with idol.

An army of people Rapunzel knew formed behind King Fredrick. The woman gave the (h/c) girl a disapproving scowl. Quirin gave Varian a sigh and stared emotionlessly into Varian's soul. Each of the figures grabbed onto the idol. "We miss you all so so much, but please. We have to do this." Varian said and tried pulling it away from the grips of the fake figures.

The others all stood in the temple and Cassandra pointed at them. "Quick! Let's get them while they're distracted!" She said and they all started running towards the three. Pascal and Ruddiger stood in front of the group holding their arms out trying to make them stop. Eugene plucked Pascal off of Rapunzel's head and held him in a tight grip. "Come on frog, out of the way." Eugene said before Pascal used his tongue to hit him right in the eyes. Ruddiger ran up Cassandra's body and pulled her hair down making her turn. Pascal grabbed into Ruddiger and they swung Cassandra around for Pascal to kick Lance in the face. "Why?!" Lance yelled dramatically. "You little!" Cassandra said catching both of the animals.

"Cass, Eugene, please!" Rapunzel yelled looking back at her two friends. "I-I can't d-do this." Varian said softly staring up at his father with tears streaming down his cheeks his arms unconsciously pulling the idol more towards himself. "Yes you can!" (Y/n) yelled pulling the idol back to where it needed to be. "I know you can Varian! It's not real and as upsetting as it is, your father is still in Old Corona inside of that amber. My mom is as dead as dead gets and Rapunzel won't see her family probably for a long time. I know you can do this Varian!" (Y/n) yelled as she glared at the woman in front of her with just as many tears running down her cheeks and onto the idol she was holding.

"We have to help them destroy it. You want to be like them?" Cassandra said to Eugene as she pointed behind her towards the angry Lorbs coming right for them. Eugene crotched next to Rapunzel. "It's okay, we're here to help." Eugene said and Cassandra went next to Varian. "Ready, (Y/n)?" Rapunzel asked and the girl nodded and they all watched her raise the rock up. "You are not my mother. You're just an illusion that can't even begin to justify how amazing she really was and how happy she made me. But that's all in the past! The people I love are what make me happy, and I refuse to let you hurt them anymore than you already have!" The girl yelled shaking her head back and forth to get rid of any thought of backing down.

"(Y/n), if you destroy the idol, you'll never be happy again!" The woman yelled to her and Varian and Rapunzel stood right by her side. "Happiness doesn't come from a thing!" Rapunzel said and Varian nodded wrapping his hand around the same one that (Y/n) held the rock in. "It comes from inside our hearts!" Varian yelled and together they smashed the idol.

A bright light came from the broken idol and they watched as each of the figures faded away one by one. Slowly everyone stopped fighting. Varian and (Y/n) were holding hands and staring down at the ground wiping their tears away. Rapunzel stared down at the ground and Eugene and Cass stayed by all of their sides. "How are you guys feeling?" He asked and Rapunzel took a deep breath and sighed. "Homesick. But I think I have a way to deal with it." Rapunzel said and Eugene turned to the two kids next to them. "What about you two?" He asked placing his hands on their shoulders. "Emotionally traumatized." Varian said softly as he sniffled and (Y/n) nodded. "Same here." She said and squeezed Varian's hand.

"Want to go for a walk along the beach?" (Y/n) asked softly as she looked up at Varian. "I...I might like that." Varian said looking at her and she nodded. The two went their separate way from the group and walked along the beach hand and hand. Varian looked over at the (h/c) next to him. "So...that was your mom?" He asked softly and (Y/n) nodded. "Yup...that was her." (Y/n) said with a soft smile as she remembered how her mother looked and felt like. "Was Pumpkin her nickname for you?" Varian asked and (Y/n) nodded. "It's actually little pumpkin." She said and Varian nodded. "That's really cute." He said and a small smile made its way onto (Y/n)'s lips before it quickly vanished. "You know, that was my first and last time meeting her, and I didn't even make a good impression." Varian said with a soft smile on his lips trying to lighten the mood. And it worked, (Y/n) let out a soft laugh as she stared down at the sand beneath her. "I'm sure she would have loved you, Sapphires." (Y/n) said with a smile. "This might be too soon, but now I know exactly where you got your beauty from." Varian said and (Y/n)'s cheeks heated up before she shoved him playfully. "Shut up!"

The couple continued to walk along the beach in a comfortable silence. "Are you okay, Sapphires? I mean, you did just see your dad." (Y/n) said and Varian sighed. "I-I'm not sure. I mainly felt guilt when I saw him. He's still in old Corona in the amber, and I'm all the way out here on an adventure with the princess." Varian said looking down at the beach and (Y/n) squeezed his hand. "We're not only here to help Rapunzel. I'm here to gain control of my powers and to be with you. And we're still trying to find a way to free your dad. I know we haven't really gotten anything good on that note, but I have a feeling that soon we'll be able to figure it out." (Y/n) said leaning her head onto his shoulder as they walked. "I hope you're right, milady. I hope you're right."