Chapter 3

Fanart by Wren_Does_gacha
"I-I-I... I can pay you! I can give you more than that bitch offered you! J-Just don't kill me!"

Pfft. What a pathetic sight. A grown man, trembling at the feet of a 14 year old girl.

Well... I guess if the 14 year old has a loaded glock to your head you'd probably be terrified too.

Just as you thought, I'm currently in the business building of Harry Lane, the last online target of the day, and he's currently groveling at my feet like a kicked puppy. Honestly, I don't even feel pity. His security is shit and his walls are paper thin. He should've been prepared for people to go after his head since he's rich and all, but nope. It honestly really annoyed me. You know those moments during horror movies when two of the teen characters decide to get all horny and start messing around while in the middle of an obvious death trap? And it just pisses you off so much you're just waiting for them to get murdered? Yeah, that's how I'm feeling right now.

I groaned loudly as this loser continued his pleas, then rolled my eyes and scoffed when he dropped to his knees. Jesus Christ can this guy embarrass himself any worse?

I sighed and decided to just get it over with, pulling the trigger and flinching as the shot rang through the halls. In a millisecond his body dropped onto my feet, getting a bit of blood on my shoes. I grimaced and kicked him away, checking on the damage done to my shoes. Dammit, and these were new too. I huffed, taking a second to wipe my shoes on his dumb suit, not that it would do much to fix my poor shoes. I pulled out my phone and texted Alex, sending him a picture of the body. I climbed to the roof of the 6 story building and was about to head towards my alley when Alex texted back. I picked up my phone and read over his texts.

Hey, Summer and Rebel need you back

over at the base. They got a

location on Wrath.

I blinked in surprise. I didn't know they'd find her that quickly. It has only been 2 weeks since we've taken down G and P. Welp, looks like we're going sin hunting. I thought before texting back an Ok and leaped off the building. Wonder if the bitch is housing a trafficking building. The last two were controlling an asylum, and L was in a stripclub. Figured.

I used windowsills and pipes as support as I climbed down the building. Once I reached the bottom I slipped into an enclosed space and put on a pair of navy jeans, a white t-shirt, and my favorite dark mauve-colored hoodie over my jumpsuit to appear more "casual". I put a cloth mask over my face and stuffed my skull mask into my bag before trotting out with my hands in my pockets. After a while of quiet and relaxing walking I reached the crosswalk across from the Base. I crossed it without any precautions, since the stoplights are broken anyway, and reached the base. Instead of going through the front door, I used a dead tree to climb into the meeting room window. I saw Rebel and Summer already in there, but no sign of Cyan or Ashley.

I stealthily pulled the window open as Summer and Rebel were facing away from me, conversing. They didn't notice me climbing through the window or standing behind them until I cleared my throat.

I swear to god Summer died of a heart attack right in front of me.

Rebel jumped and turned around to face me as Summer ricochet across the room. Rebel broke down in laughter as Summer's eyes darted across the room like a spooked cat. She relaxed as she saw me but started glaring at Rebel as his laughter died down.

"I swear you two are the worst assassins ever. You couldn't even hear me come in over your clamorous chatting. What were you even talking about anyway?" I chuckled as Summer came over and sat in a chair.