The Art of Loneliness

A/n so I'm really sorry I haven't been updating but I'm not sure what to write so I decided to publish the first chapter of my new book here to see what you guys think. Also, I'm writing a dating Jess would be like chapter so please tell me what you think it would be like dating him because I'm running out of ideas. And thank you so much for 2k reads.

Daphne Gilmore had been second her whole life. She didn't mind as much anymore in fact, she was used to it. Daphne loved her mum and twin sister a lot. Her mum always cared for Daphne and made sure both her and Rory did the best they could. However, it hadn't gone unnoticed the slight favouritism for Rory.

Maybe it was the fact that they had such a similar personality or that Rory was more outgoing like Lorelai that cause Lorelai to be more biased towards Rory. Whatever it was, it was there.

Daphne wasn't mad that this had happened. She'd expected it to. Daphne was a quiet girl. She kept to herself and didn't talk much. She had two people she'd fully let in. Those two people were Charlotte or Charlie and Liam. They'd met when they were six and been close ever since.

There had always been some form of sexual tension between Charlie and Liam. Daphne had made it her goal to get them together before the end of school. Or at least have them fuck.

What I imagine Daphne's room to look like (I saw it on Pinterest and had too) :

Daphne was sat in her room drawing. She was humming along to Suffragette City which was currently playing in her room. School started soon but she didn't have to leave as early as Rory did. This meant, she could spend more time drawing.

Daphne preferred drawing in the morning. Her mind was full of ideas and it allowed her to be as creative as she could before becoming stressed and tired after school. And Daphne always wrote and played guitar by the lake anyways after school.

She was currently drawing a tattoo she wanted when she was older. Daphne wanted a small bouquet of flowers on the right side of her rib cage. She'd always been obsessed with wanting tattoos since she was little.

Lorelai had always told Daphne not to get a tattoo on her side because they'd stretch when she was pregnant. Daphne didn't have the heart that day to tell her that she didn't actually want kids when she was older.

Daphne's timer went off meaning she had to leave now to get to school. She packed up her stuff and brought her guitar downstairs so she could easily pick it up after school. Daphne grabbed a pop tart before leaving to meet up with Charlie and Liam.

Daphne found Charlie and Liam outside of the school. Liam's arm was around Charlie's waist and Charlie was pointing at something on her phone. Daphne went up and rested her head on Liam's shoulder.

Now I know you're thinking that Liam and Daphne liked each other and this was their way of showing it. If you are then you're completely wrong.

Daphne and Liam had known each other since they were seven. He'd always been a brother to Liam. Liam would always protect Daphne and therefore took the role of protective older brother in Daphne's life. She didn't mind though. It was nice to have someone who would protect you no matter what.