Harry Potter and why didn't they use the time turner to save James and Lily

Y/n and Jess sat on y/n's bed one Sunday afternoon reading. Y/n sat up and tapped Jess in the shoulder. "Hey Jess?" Jess hummed in response, his eyes not leaving his book for a moment. Y/n sighed before grabbing his book and throwing it across the room. Jess looked up at them. "I was reading that you know." Y/n smirked. "Well you can finish reading it after you answer my question."

Y/n's mind was strange to say the least. They always came up with the most random ideas and questions yet no one really questioned it. Unfortunately for Jess, he'd began dating y/n which meant he got most of the random ideas and questions.

Jess had a small smile on his face as he sat up. "Right what's going on in your mind today?" "In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban why didn't Harry and Hermione use the time turner to go back in time and save James and Lily from Voldemort?"

Jess stared at y/n for a moment wondering how the hell they'd come up with this. "It would fuck yo the time line." Y/n looked at him before saying "I'm not saying Voldemort would be dead but like if you save James and Lily then Harry would be a normal boy and the events of the books would still happen since Voldemort is still alive."

Jess led down on y/n's lap as they began to play with his hair. "Yeah but then the whole third book would be pointless since Sirius wouldn't be in Azkaban so wouldn't have to escape." Y/n hummed in agreement before saying "but Peter would still be alive so the third book would be about finding him since Remus would still be Professor and would see the marauders map."

Jess smiled at them before saying "why are you complicating things?" Y/n gave Jess an offended look before saying "I'm not it's a genuine question."
"That only you have asked." Y/n removed their hands from Jess' hair before saying "I'm probably not but alright."

Jess pouted at the loss of y/n's hands in his hair and pulled them on top of him. "Only you would come up with these things." He gave them a small peck in the lips. This time, it's was y/n's time to pout. Jess kissed them again but for longer this time. Y/n began to smile into the kiss before pulling away.

"So why didn't they?" Jess huffed out a laugh before running his hands down his face. Today was going to be a long day if y/n had more questions like this.

A/n idk what this is but it's a genuine question of mine so if someone could answer it that would be great. Also this is really short but most of these will be so enjoy.