What a Difference a Day Makes

Meredith woke up in Andrew's embrace.
"Hey" she said with a sleepy voice.
"Hey" he answered and kissed her on the top of her head.
"You should get up or you'll be late for work, you know that right?"
"Right. I need just a moment to wake up" Andrew answered and grabbed her in his embrace tighter.
Meredith put her head on his chest and almost fall asleep, but quickly came back to reality. She got out of the bed and headed to the bathroom starting to brush her teeth. She was almost done when she heard pager going off.
"It's mine" Andrew said answering his pager - I gotta go.
"Okay" she said kissing him on the cheek.
"Bye, love you" Andrew exclaimed while running out of the room.
Meredith smiled and starting making up the bed. Then she got downstairs where Amelia was enjoying her coffee.
"Morning Amelia" she exclaimed happily.
"Morning. You seem happy today. That's weird."
"I know, right?" Meredith said with a smile while she poured coffee into her mug.
"Hey" Maggie said with a sleepy voice as she made her way to her sisters.
"Hey" Meredith and Amelia answered.
"Didn't get enough sleep last night?" Amy asked concerned.
"I couldn't sleep. Winston hasn't answered the phone the whole day. Where's Link?"
"At the hospital. He stayed there last night. He's probably in surgery now. Didn't want to be late."
"Okay I'm going to the hospital" Maggie said. "Are you coming?"
"I am" Amelia answered as she got up off the chair and grabbed her bag. "Are you coming Mer?"
"No, not yet."
"Ok. See you later" Maggie said as she and Amelia made their way to the car.
Meredith stayed alone at the house. Kids were at the sleepovers. She didn't have any surgeries planned so she decided she should just enjoy the morning.
She was drinking her coffee when she heard a car stop. A few seconds later she heard a knock at the door. She got up and went to answer the door.
She stood in shock for a moment when she realized who was standing right in front of him.
"Hey" a familiar voice said.

Hope y'all enjoyed. Sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. Feel free to share your opinion❤️