Chapter 8

After Historia's party, you spent the rest of the weekend at your dorm again. But you didn't ignore Mikasa and Armin like last weekend. In fact, they both texted you a lot. Mikasa was planning for the "double date" she wanted the four of you to have next Friday. She assured you that she would just address it as a "casual hangout". You didn't want to make things awkward for Armin anyways. You were pretty sure it was clear that you had a crush on him.

Armin texted you a few times asking what you were up to and how you spent your weekend. You told him you mainly focused on schoolwork and on finding a job so you could make some money. He told you he spent time doing homework as well and helped Eren study for a test he had coming up. You admired how serious Armin was about school, it made you that much more attracted to him.

The next week started the same way, every Monday you'd attend your Psychology class with Mikasa and you'd both meet the boys at lunch. Same thing on Wednesday. Tuesday and Thursdays were days you spent alone, but you didn't mind. You enjoyed time alone as it gave you time to self reflect. But a thought kept popping into your mind no matter how hard you tried to push it away, Armin's ex. It was a more prominent thought now due to the "date" that Mikasa was planning. You hoped he wouldn't compare you to her, or that he wouldn't expect more than you. But you stopped yourself quickly, once again you had to remind yourself that you didn't know Armin's feelings towards you. It made you ill.

Friday, January 22

The week passed quickly and before you knew it you were once again sitting in Mikasa's dorm. It felt so natural now being around her. You liked the moments the two of you spent getting ready together, it felt like a real friendship was forming which was rare for you. It made you happy. Especially the fact that her boyfriend was Armin's best friend. It felt like a bond that could never be broken.

You sat at her desk putting on mascara and she went over her hair with a straightener on the floor in front of her mirror. Mikasa wore a black mid-thigh length dress with a white lace undershirt and her platform docs. She was decked out with her usual gothic jewelry and dark makeup. She looked stunning as always. You wore a black turtleneck with a black and white plaid skirt. Under the skirt you wore lace tights and your usual black boots.

"Where are we going to eat again?" You asked as you put the finishing touches on your eye-makeup. "Carrabba's." She continued, "It's italian food, you'll probably like it." She spoke as she straightened her bangs. "Is it expensive?" You asked. "Hmm.. Maybe a little pricey." She replied. "Mikasa! You know I don't have a job yet." You said, a little frustrated that she made reservations without asking you. "It's fine Y/N. I'm sure Armin will pay for you." She said casually. "I don't want him to pay for me." You said in a quieter tone. You didn't want Armin to feel obligated to pay for you. "Why not? He's like loaded. Did you not know that his family has tons of money?" She asked, focusing on your face.

"Really?" You asked, snapping your head around to face her. "Yeah," She said, chuckling to herself, "He'll definitely pay for you no need to stress about it." She said as she sprayed a little bit of hairspray to her hair. "Hmm.. Ok.. I just don't want to take advantage of his kindness." You said, feeling like a burden knowing that he'd most likely pay for your meal. "Y/N, take the free meal goddamnit." She said with an amused face. You both broke out in laughter.

After you finished your eye-makeup you fixed your hair the way you usually wore it when you went to nice events. You and Mikasa both made your way to the lower level of the dorms. "So Eren's picking us up?" You asked as you both stood on the elevator. "Yep." She said looking at her makeup in her phone camera. "Are you excited?" She asked, turning her attention to you. "Yeah, I'm just a little nervous I don't know why." You said looking down at your feet.