Chapter 1

Sunday, January 3rd

As soon as you pushed through the huge white doors you were greeted with the familiar scent of alcohol and drugs. A wave of nostalgia passed through your body from remembering last semester. Every year before the first day of classes, the one frat house of Trost University held a back to school party. This year would be different considering one of your guy friends just joined the frat, meaning you would automatically be invited to all the parties they hosted.

As soon as you entered the frat house you began pushing through the crowd of sweaty bodies. The speakers boomed through the walls. Blue and purple lights were dimly lit on the crowd. You were looking for one boy in particular. You knew who he usually hung out with so you assumed they would be on the back porch. Making your way to the back of the frat house you spotted the blonde boy through the window. There he was sitting on his phone. You smiled to yourself as you made your way to the back door.

Opening up the back door, you were greeted with the smell of cigarettes and weed. The usual group stood in a circle chatting amongst themselves. Eren had his arm wrapped around Mikasa. Historia and Ymir leaned against the railing of the deck. Reiner and Jean stood in the corner talking to each other while Armin sat in a lawn chair on his phone.

"Hey Armin." You smiled at the blonde as you made your way over to him. His eyes shot up from his phone as he quickly turned it off. "Y/N! When did you get here?" He stood up to bring you into a friendly hug. He smelled like clean laundry with an undertone of liquor. "I actually just got here," You told him, "I got in town a little late." You lied, you had actually spent hours getting ready for tonight.

After barely being able to see Armin last semester you wanted to look nice for him. Especially since you never got to celebrate his birthday with him in November. It was refreshing to see his face again. He looked happy but tired. You wondered how he was coping.

"How was your Christmas break?" He asked, crossing his arms as he leaned against the railing on the back deck. "It was nice, just spent time with family. How about you?" You asked leaning against the railing next to him. Before Armin could respond Eren wrapped his arm around Armin's shoulders. "We're about to go up to my room and take some shots, do you guys wanna come?" Eren offered with a soft grin.

"Yeah!" You answered for Armin as well. He shot you a quick smile before the group slowly made their way inside, You and Armin following behind. You looked over at Armin, admiring his choice in clothing. He was wearing an oversized light blue hoodie, his blonde hair was messily laid on his head. He paired his hoodie with baggy khaki pants. You always loved Armin's sense of style. He could practically pull off any outfit. His slender fingers were accessorized with silver rings.

You noticed you were staring and quickly looked away. You followed the group up the large staircase that ascended to the second level of the frat house. Walking down the hallway you heard the music begin to fade into the background. Eren opened his door and allowed for the group to make themselves at home. You followed Armin, who sat on Eren's bed. You sat next to him, both of you against the headboard. "What did you get from the store, Eren?" Reiner asked as he sat down on the couch. "Vodka." Eren said as he plopped down on the edge of the bed.

Reiner made himself comfortable on Eren's couch sitting next to Ymir who had Historia in her lap. After having Reiner and Ymir in your History class last semester you realized that there was always an awkward unsettled tension between them, but you found it comedic. Mikasa sat on the edge of the bed next to Eren and Jean relaxed in Eren's recliner in the corner of the room. You watched as Eren approached his closet door revealing a heavy number of glass liquor bottles on the top shelf. He reached for the Tito's bottle.