Chapter 6

Monday, January 11

After Armin's birthday celebration on Friday, you spent most of the weekend working on different projects. Your weekend was quiet after Friday but you didn't mind. You always loved having time alone. Over the weekend you thought about Armin being in a relationship in high school. It was all you thought about actually. You couldn't get Armin's face out of your mind when you asked him that question. He looked uneasy.

You imagined what kind of girls Armin liked, and how he even made a move on them. Armin never struck you as the kind of guy to talk to multiple girls at once so maybe this girl was special to him. All of this thinking made you insecure. You were insecure about how Armin saw you, and if he even saw you in that way. You were also insecure about the idea of Armin comparing you to his ex if you two were ever going to be anything more than friends. It stressed you out, and you ended up ignoring all of his texts over the weekend.

It probably wasn't such a great idea because when you got to class Monday morning Mikasa was worried. "Hey, where have you been?" She asked. "Uh.. At my dorm?" You replied back a little confused, the last time you saw her was Friday. "Oh, you just never texted me back. Armin and I were worried about you." She said. You noticed a small blush creep across her cheeks, you assumed it was because you two haven't known each other that long. "Sorry. I just got busy with school work and had a lot on my plate." You said to ease her nerves.

You knew how close Mikasa and Armin were and although you asked her for help before, for some reason you were hesitant on asking her about Armin's ex. What if her and Mikasa were friends. The whole situation made you uncomfortable so you tried your hardest to try and forget about it. Your Psychology class went as usual. You and Mikasa were assigned yet another project but this one was a presentation.

After class you walked with Mikasa to the cafeteria to eat lunch with Eren and Armin. You weren't exactly nervous to see Armin, but you didn't want to hesitate when he asked what you had been doing all weekend. As you walked into the cafeteria you spotted Eren and Armin in their usual spot. Mikasa walked up to the table, and you followed. You gave Armin a soft smile as you approached.

His face looked relieved and you immediately regretted ignoring him all weekend. "Where have you been Y/N?!" He asked. "Sorry for not responding, I got caught up with school work." Was all you said in reply as you sat down at the table. "You ok?" He asked. His soft hand softly grabbed your forearm. You looked over at him with big eyes, "Yeah, I'm fine." You said, this time with a smile.

He gave you a pathetic smile back. "I had fun at the party." Armin said to the whole table. "Same, I didn't realize how good you were at pool." You said with a smirk. He laughed, "It's only because Eren makes me attend every party the frat throws." Armin said, nudging Eren. "Oh shut up, you love it." Eren said back.

"Speaking of parties, I heard that Historia's birthday is this Friday and apparently Reiner and Ymir are throwing her a party at the frat." Eren said, "Mikasa, you and Y/N should come." He said, finishing his sentence. "Yeah, are you free this Friday?" Armin asked you. "I should be." You said with a genuine smile. "Awesome." Mikasa said.

The rest of lunch wasn't as awkward as you expected it to be. You quickly forgot about what had kept your mind so busy over the weekend. Being around Armin was enough to make you forget completely. It had only been a week since he came back and his presence was addicting. As you walked away from the lunch table with Mikasa you decided to tell her.

"I think I might have a crush on Armin." You said, avoiding eye contact. "Oh yeah?" Mikasa said, slightly nudging you. "But just a crush. It's not like I want to be in a relationship or anything. I just like hanging out with him." You said. "Oh come on, you think I don't notice the chemistry you two have." Mikasa said with an amused face.

"I'm serious Mikasa." You said with a straight face. It wasn't that you really didn't like Armin, but you didn't want to admit it to yourself. Last time you did admit to yourself that you liked someone it backfired on you and left you broken. You wanted this to be different, so you decided to wait until the right moment to fully understand your feelings for Armin. But one thing you did know was that you had a crush on him.

"Oh ok." Mikasa said, "We should go on a double date or something." She said nonchalantly. You snapped your head at her, "A date?!" You said a little too loud. You noticed a few people in the hallway look in your direction and your face immediately lit up in an immense blush. "Calm down." Mikasa said, holding back a smile. "What's wrong with a double date?" She said, trying to calm you down.

"Can we just not call it a date. Like we eat lunch together everyday, can it just be like that?" You asked. To say you were embarrassed was an understatement, and Mikasa was aware so she backed off. "Of course, whatever you want Y/N." She said with a genuine smile. You smiled back, "Thanks." You said.

The rest of the week went by smoothly. On Wednesday during lunch proposed that the four of you grab dinner sometime, in which Armin and Eren agreed. The thought of going out with Armin excited you. Before you knew it, it was Friday and you were in Mikasa's dorm getting ready for yet another party.

Friday, January 15

You sat in Mikasa dorm wearing a tight black dress she gave you to wear. "Is this really necessary for a party?" You said as she caked on your makeup. "Yes, don't you want to impress Armin?" She asked with a small chuckle. You rolled your eyes, "You're wearing a dress too right? I don't wanna show up overdressed." You said. "Of course, I wouldn't leave you hanging." She said, "Plus lots of girls wear dresses to big parties like this." She said, as she finished putting the translucent powder onto your skin.

"Really? I hate drinking and wearing dresses. Men are gross." You said, matter-of-factly. "True. But Armin will think you look beautiful." She said as she rummaged through her makeup bag. You blushed a little at her kind words. You wondered what Armin would think of you in a dress. Would he even find you attractive? Your thoughts were all over the place.

After Mikasa did your makeup, you both made your way to the frat house. Once you arrived it was completely packed. More packed than it was during the back to school party. You assumed Historia was a really popular girl due to the amount of people that showed up. It was around 9 PM, and the party attendees were already drunk off their asses. You followed Mikasa to the back porch and you were greeted with those familiar blue eyes.