Chapter 2

Monday, January 4th

The next morning you woke up to your alarm blaring on your nightstand. You always regretted signing up for 8 AM classes but you liked to get school out of the way in the mornings. You sighed and rubbed your eyes. Looking down you still had Armin's sweatshirt on. You didn't even realize you fell asleep in it.

As you stood you up you pulled the hoodie over your head and placed it on your bed. Although it was the first day of classes you weren't interested in dressing up nicely. You learned that after your first semester, people in college really don't care how you show up to class. So you threw on your favorite pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt with your college's logo on the front of it.

After heading to the bathrooms and freshening up you grabbed your bookbag and began walking to class. Your first class was Psychology with Professor Smith. You chose Professor Smith as one of your professors this semester after hearing all the good reviews about him. The walk to campus was only about a 5 minute walk from your dorms. You listened to music through your ears buds as you strolled to class.

As soon as you arrived at the classroom you made your way to the back and chose an empty seat. There were only about 3 students in the classroom since class didn't start for another 10 minutes. You pulled out your notebook and pen and situated your desk. You looked up and noticed someone sitting down to your right.

When you looked over you made eye contact with her. "Hey Y/N." Mikasa said with her usual stoic nature. "Oh hey Mikasa!" You said smiling at her. You watched as she also situated her desk with her notebook and pen. "Did you have fun at the party last night?" You asked in an effort to start small talk.

"Yeah, kinda lame though." She said shrugging to herself. You nodded in agreement. "Yeah, the back to school parties are always the most boring." You said matter of factly. Back to school parties were always the most crowded and no one could party too hard considering everyone had classes the next day.

Professor Smith walked into the classroom and set his things down before introducing himself. "Hello class, My name is Erwin Smith. You can address me as Professor Erwin or Professor Smith whichever you prefer." He said as he pulled up a powerpoint slide.

The first day of Psychology mainly consisted of going over the syllabus and how the class would function for the semester. Professor Erwin also gave the first assignment, and Mikasa asked if you would partner up with her to work on the assignment together. You were confused when she asked you because of how smart she was. Mikasa was always so independent, but maybe it was her gesture at making new friends. You agreed to work with her and you two planned to hangout Tuesday night in her dorm since the assignment was due Wednesday.

After the hour and a half class you gathered up your supplies. Before you could make it out of the classroom Mikasa stopped you, "Hey Y/N, do you want to come eat lunch with me? I'm meeting up with Eren and Armin." She asked. "Yeah!" You answered a little too excitedly. Armin's name was enough for you to say yes to her offer.

"Cool, we're just going to eat in the cafeteria is that fine with you?" She asked, walking next to you out of the class. "Yep." You said smiling to her. You were surprised Mikasa was being so nice to you. She never made an attempt to talk to you last semester. But you weren't complaining, Mikasa had always seemed like a good person to you. "So.." You start off as you two make your way out of the class, "You and Eren are dating?" You casually asked.

"Yep." She said confidently. "We've been dating for a little over two years now. He asked me out in 11th grade." She said answering the question fully. You knew that Eren, Mikasa, and Armin all went to high school together but you never knew Mikasa and Eren dated all this time. You wondered if Armin ever got lonely as a third wheel. "Nice. You two seem like a good pair." You said, complimenting her relationship.