Chapter 3

The next day you attended your scheduled classes from 10:15 AM to 2:30 PM. You didn't end up having any classes with Armin this semester. Mikasa wasn't in either of your classes except for Psychology. After your classes you grabbed some dinner and took it to your dorm and began to make a list for your homework.

Wednesday, January 6th

You woke up early again for your painfully early Psychology class, but with a little more pep than the first day. Today you'd get to see Mikasa and even spend time with her after school. And if you were lucky hopefully you'd run into Armin. As you sat up in bed you rubbed your eyes and groaned. You definitely were not a morning person.

You got up and picked out a simple outfit, jeans and a sweatshirt and your white tennis shoes. You accessorized with a few rings scattered on your fingers and some of your favorite hoops. After getting dressed you made your way to the bathroom to freshen up before class. You fixed your hair and brushed your teeth.

The walk to the campus from the dorms was always your favorite. You walked down a simple path that was shaded by a bunch of trees. Your earbuds buzzed your music into your ears as you made the peaceful walk to class. When you arrived at the classroom, Mikasa was already seated and was scrolling through her phone.

You sat down next to her and greeted her, "Hey Mikasa." You said with a friendly smile. "Hey Y/N! You still wanna come over tonight right?" She asked. "Yeah of course. We gotta start on this project. I'm pretty sure it's due next Monday." You said as you pulled out your notebook and began flipping through the notes you took on the first day.

"Yep, it is due Monday." Mikasa adds, "But we should get it done tonight, I don't think it'll take too long." She says. You agreed, nodding your head. "Yeah, I think it's just a warm up for the larger projects that are due later in the semester." You said looking through the syllabus.

"Yep." Mikasa adds before the Professor announced himself in front of the class. Professor Erwin put up the powerpoint and began lecturing. You scribbled down notes in your notebook. The rest of the class was just Professor Erwin lecturing about Sigmund Freud and his theory. It was interesting you could admit, but lectures were always so hard to stay awake during.

Once class ended Mikasa caught your attention before you could leave the class, "You're coming with us to lunch right?" She asked, catching up to you. "Oh yeah, of course." You said, relieved that she had asked you. The truth is you had been wishing Mikasa would ask you to come to lunch again, but you didn't want to be rude and invite yourself. "We can eat together every Monday and Wednesday, how does that sound?" She asked with a soft smile.

You couldn't help but smile because it felt like Mikasa was really making an effort to form a friendship with you. It felt so foreign, especially when your only friend in college had been Armin so far. "That sounds great!" You responded a little too excitedly. You quickly contained yourself, "Are Eren and Armin going to be there again?" You asked nonchalantly.

"Yep." She said as you two made your way out of the classroom and down the hall. You internally screamed. You had not actually seen Armin since Monday night when you held his hand. The thought of being with him in front of his friends after the unspoken encounter made you nervous, but you were also excited at the mere thought of being able to see him again.

The walk to the cafeteria consisted of mainly small talk between you and Mikasa. Once the two of you arrived you were greeted to the same sight as Monday, Eren and Armin sat at the same table and Armin was busy on his laptop as Eren scrolled through his phone. Mikasa gave Eren a side hug before sitting down at the table. You smiled softly at two of the boys but held longer eye contact with Armin.