Chapter 5

As you popped up from behind the bar your eyes landed on Armin's. The eye contact felt like a thin line was holding your eyes together. The silent transaction broke quickly though as the rest of the group moved from beyond the bar and made their way over to Armin. "Is this for me?" He asked, clearly surprised. "Yep." Eren said with a smirk plastered on his face like he had just pulled the best prank of all time.

You walked over to the group that now huddled around Armin. "We decided to surprise you since we didn't get to celebrate your birthday back in November." Mikasa stated. "We also got you some cake." Jean chimed in. "Ooh yeah, Armin could I have some of your cake?" Sasha asked with big doey eyes. "Of course!" He said beaming at the hungry girl. You were left there speechless at his kindness. He seemed so grateful for his friends.

The group slowly disbanded from around Armin, A few of them playing pool, the others getting comfortable on the couch. Mikasa had led Armin over to the bar to get a look at his birthday cake. "We can cut this up later if you want." Mikasa said, "It's chocolate." Eren said smiling at Armin. His face lit up, "Thanks you guys." He said as a small blush creeped onto his face. He sat down at the bar and you followed sitting next to him.

"Hey Armin." You said shyly. He gave you a soft smile, "So you lied to me this morning?" He said in an accusing tone. You rolled your eyes, "I wanted to surprise you!" You said as you shoved him playfully. "Thank you." He said sincerely. You gave him another soft smile. "Ok we're doing shots." Connie said, interrupting your conversation. He walked into the bar and pulled out a bottle of vodka. Jean followed behind Connie and pulled out a handful of shot glasses. You watched as Connie carelessly poured the liquor, filling up all of the shot glasses.

An overfilled shot glass slid down the counter in front of you. The liquid sloshed around inside the small glass. You looked down at the liquid. To say you were intimidated was an understatement. You'd never taken a shot before. Another glass slid in front of you and you carefully handed it over to Armin. "Everyone ready?" Connie asked as his fingers gripped around his glass. You looked around the bar and noticed everyone nodding as they gripped onto the small glass.

Your shaky fingers gripped the shot glass. You looked over at Armin who was also reaching for his glass. He gave you a sympathetic smile, "You can just do one." He said, comforting you. You nodded before Connie started counting down. "3...2...1." He spoke before slamming his shot glass back down on the table before lifting it up to your lips. You followed their motions and set yours softly against the counter before raising it to your lips.

In one swift motion the liquid hit the back of your throat. You took one big swig before releasing your breath. The instant stinging sensation filled your senses. You flinched your nose at the residue of the burning liquid on the back of your throat. Armin airly laughed at your face. You looked over at him with an accusing expression, "You know I don't drink that much." You said in retaliation. "Yeah." Armin said with sweet eyes. You watched his eyes as he looked over your figure next to him. You were taken aback. Armin had never been this forward, ever. You looked away and blushed slightly, knowing that his gaze was travelling your body.

The rest of the group dispersed from behind the bar. You looked behind you and noticed Jean and Reiner were starting a pool game. Sasha and Connie stood next to the pool table making bets on who was going to win. Historia and Ymir also stood next to the pool table. Eren and Mikasa had made their way over to the couch. You looked over at the couple. Eren's arm encased Mikasa. Her hand rested on his chest. It made you jealous. You wish you could have that with Armin.

Armin broke your gaze away from the couple. "When's your birthday Y/N?" He asked. You looked over at him, "It's this summer." You said. You realized you wouldn't get to celebrate your birthday with Armin seeing that you both lived in different towns. "Oh cool. I'm taking classes this summer to get caught up on the schoolwork I missed so I'll be here." He said. You looked into his ocean blue eyes. The sudden urge to sign up for summer classes was all that clouded your mind. "Oh really? I was thinking about taking summer classes too, but I'm not sure yet.", Was your reply.