Saying Goodbye.

"Asuma Sensei?" Taka slowly approached the Jonin, and son of the late Hiruzen Sarutobi. "What is it Taka? Shouldn't you be with your team?" Asuma looked weary, like he hadn't slept a wink since his fathers death. "Well, I was just wandering is I could....well, speak today? There's somethings I want to say to him, before I bid him a final farewell."

Taka's eyes stuns with tears, as he looked down at the ground, he hadn't made the request lightly, knowing full well Asuma had a lot going on at the moment. But he owed Hiruzen everything, he owed the fact he was a Genin, and allowed to live in the leaf to the man. A man, who didn't need to take in an orphan into his village, he was well within his rights, to treat him as a captured Shinobi. Yet, he accepted him with open arms, taken him into his village, and allowed him to live. To be one with the village, he could never repay a debt like that. He owed his life to Hiruzen, and he wanted to tell him that, before he was laid to rest.

Asuma looked at the young Genin with a soft look on his face, then he took Taka by surprise, and dropped down to his knees, and hugged the man tightly. With Taka hugging him in return, as the two males balled their eyes out on each other's shoulders. After a short while, Asuma let the boy go, and placed his hands upon Taka's shoulders. "I think my Father, would love nothing more than that Taka, now go on. Return to the others, the ceremony will start soon."

A few hours later, the whole village was seated, and paying their respects to those that were lost. Because it wasn't just Hiruzen, who made the ultimate sacrifice for their home. Eventually, speakers were allowed to say a few words of goodbye to those that had passed, and to many people's surprise, Taka's name was called. With encouragement from his Sensei, he slowly stood and made his way to the podium. Looking out upon the village, that was now all focusing on him.

"Lord third Hokage was an honourable man." Taka began, as everyone's eyes were already filled with tears. "He treated everyone in this village like they were his family, and he always had time for you. No matter how small the matter, he would put his duties aside, and help you anyway he could." He paused for a moment, as he tried to keep his tears in check. His eyes were quickly filling up with them, and he needed to be strong to say why he had wanted to say for so long. "Lord Third, owed me nothing. I was just a young Shinobi, with nowhere to go, who was effectively a prisoner. Yet, he came and met me personally when he needn't have. He gave me a chance to be a part of the village, rather than as a prisoner, when he didn't have to. He allowed me to become a Genin, and to join Sensei Kurenai's team, when he didn't need to. He let me join the Chunin exams, and allowed me the chance to represent his home.....he owed me nothing, yet he let me do all these things. Make so many wonderful friends and comrades, many of whom I would lay my life down for. I owe the man a debt, that I could never hope to repay in my lifetime. So with that said, I make a pledge, on my bloodline." Taka grabbed a Kunai from his leg, and made a slash into his hand, people went to stop him, but Asuma held them back, he wanted the kid to see this through....for his own sake. "From this day, until the death of my bloodline. We the Yuki clan, will keep watch of the Sarutobi's. As their swarn protectors, and guardians. From this generation, until the last. This, I pledge as the last standing Yuki.

Goodbye Lord Third, and thank you for all that you have done for me, and for the rest of this village."