☆Chapter 8☆

☆Etiquette☆

Once all the gems had left and went back to their stations, White Pearl left in a orb, that supposedly brought her back to White Diamond. Then, Yellow and Blue Diamond stood up. They both walked infront of Steven, who looked up at them. Blue Diamond laid out her hand for Steven to jump onto. Steven stood up, and hesitantly set foot on the palm of her hand. Blue brought Steven a little closer to her face, and spoke.

"Wasn't that lovely, Pink?" She asked, clearly wanting Steven to answer with a yes. Steven only nodded, when in reality that was the most bored he's been in a while.

Blue smiled at Steven's response. Yellow then cleared her throat. Steven then turned his eyes to her.

"Pink, it has come to our attention that you need to relearn Homeworld's etiquette. And now that the ball is over, you can finally do so." Yellow explained. Steven widened his eyes at this. Homeworld's etiquette?

"Your Pearl will teach you everything you need to know." Yellow continued. Cinnamon looked alarmed at this statement. She wasn't informed about having to teach Steven about Homeworld's rules. She quickly masked her shock, as too not upset the Diamonds.

"We will leave you alone for the time being, so you can relearn it without much distractions." Yellow explained. Steven nodded, he was actually quite happy about that. This way, he can come up with a plan to escape with little to no interruptions!

After explained everything, Yellow left, to do whatever it is she does. Blue looked down at Steven in her hand, and smiled. She left with him in her hand, the Pearls following behind. Soon enough, Blue dropped Steven off at Pink Diamond's room. She left a few seconds afterwards as well.

☆----------------------------------------------------------☆

Once Steven and Cinnamon were in the room, Steven sat down on a chair that the pebbles made. He figured he should at least listen to some of the lesson. Cinnamon then began to speak.

"The highest ranking gems are the Diamonds. They are the matriarchs of our society. Together, they make up The Great Diamond Authority. Most of the gems here on Homeworld on fanatically loyal to them, and are categorized under their respective Diamond. The honorable title for them is 'My Diamond'.

"Agates are high ranking administrative gems that keep quartz-type gems in line. One of the most terrifying things about being a facility Quartz is dealing with the undying pressure of an Agate looking over your shoulder constantly. Even from down the hall, the clicking  that their heels make on the smooth tile flooring can make any brute soldier's heart rate increase. I have never known an Agate to show pity nor mercy. Their composure, their stance, they were made for authorization. The thundering of their commanding voices shakes fear in any gem that stands in their way. One thing I know for sure is to never get on an Agate's bad side. Ever.

"Amber's serve as assistants and scouts. They travel from planet to planet to retrieve things or rebels. Ambers are barely seen walking, as if they're to good for the ground. They work closely with the Agates of the facilities, bossing around gems around and getting them to do their jobs more efficiently as if they weren't doing that enough already.

"Quartzes serve as soliders and/or bodyguards for elite gems.

"Amethysts are some of the rowdiest and down-to-earth soliders you could ever meet. They always seem to know how to lighten the mood, even in a serious situation. Despite being under so much pressure to perform well as a quartz solider, they always know how to keep your spirits up.

"Aventurines are some of the sweetest quartz solders ever. They seem to be into organic life and plants. They get extremely excited when they're assigned to a guard a facility on an organic planet. If they weren't serving our empire as quartz solders, they'd be knowledgeable in planetary exploration.