𝟸𝟼 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚊𝚖

Start from the beginning

   I rummage through my bag and grab another bottle of the potion. The effects were beginning to wear off. I chug it down and place the empty bottle in the bag.

   Wilbur messes with his papers and adjusts his glasses before leaning into the microphone again.

   "Welcome fellow citizens and various other attendees! As most of you know, today we will be hearing the endorsements for both Swag2020 and Pog2020." Wilbur looks down at the crowd with a warm smile.

"Before I move on with the endorsements however, I have been informed that a new party has joined the race for presidency."

With this Fundy and Niki step forward, smiling from ear to ear. They nod at the crowd as Wilbur sighs.

"Coconut2020 is the new party, led by Niki and Fundy. Because of this sudden entry, they do not have any endorsements. Thank you Niki and Fundy."

Niki and Fundy both step back into the shadows of the stage. A few people in the audience clap for them. Wilbur leans away from the microphone and clears his throat once again. He leans back in.

"Now, the Swag2020 party will step up to the podium and deliver their endorsement."

Wilbur now steps down from the podium and back up as Quackity emerges from the darkness.

He laughs awkwardly, "So bad news!"

The crowd erupts into whispers. Quackity's eyes dart around at the crowd with worry.

"Firstly, my running mate George slept in today. He uh- he couldn't make it today." He laughs again, the crowd still whispers.

"Secondly, KSI didn't end up delivering the uh... endorsement."

The attendees seem disappointed. Quackity awkwardly steps away from the podium. Wilbur shows a look of confusion before snapping out of it.

"Well then... now my party will deliver their endorsements. Tommy! If you would step forward."

Tommy emerges and joins Wilbur at his side. He smiles wide and quickly looks through the crowd with pride. I found myself smiling at this. It was nice to see Tommy with his brother again, happy and without having to deal with war. He seemed peaceful.

"We have 2 endorsements! The first a recording and the second will be delivered in person." Tommy leans into the microphone and ecstatically. His bright blue eyes gleamed in the sunlight. In this moment he felt nothing but joy, it was clear.

   Then the Pog2020 party begins to read off the letter Vikkstar had sent them. I grew bored fairly quickly and found myself blanking out. I payed little attention to the endorsement announcement.

   Instead I found my mind drifting off into its usual thoughts. It became an obsessive habit, trying to piece everything I knew about dreams together. As if it were a puzzle.

   Nothing made sense. I found many loopholes and many unanswered questions. Whatever I was experiencing was unique; nobody had ever written evidence of other individuals having similar dreams.

   I nervously played with the clasp of my satchel, shaking as I grab the bottle of the revolting purple liquid. I popped off the cork and swirled the potion around. The last two times I drank the potion easier, but now my stomach was churning and I could taste a mix of the potion and bile in the back of my throat.

   I couldn't have any more of this, my stomach can't handle the effects anymore. This is the last potion I can keep down (hopefully).

   I squeeze my eyes shut and hesitantly down the potion. I nearly gagged as I forced down the last drops of the potion, the effects of the liquid growing stronger once more. I took a shaky breath and returned my focus to the podium.