Chapter Eleven: Dream

It had been a week and Dream was still trapped in a hotel room. At first it was a relief to get a away from the destruction that was his neighborhood but now Dream would do anything to go back home and sleep in his own bed.

He paced across the patterned carpet, stopping to look out the window every few seconds. The storm didn't hit as hard where he was staying so the debris that once covered the street had already been cleaned up.

Cars sped by the hotel and Dream thought about how they all had places to go, driving with determination and meaning while he had no choice but to stay in his room. He had been in touch with his neighbors who told him that they still had no electricity back at home.

The only thing that brought him comfort while he was trapped inside the four walls was George. The boys had been playing songs for each other nonstop for the past week. Each time Dream heard the music his bored expression instantly changed to a smile and although he had only talked to George a few times he felt like they were best friends. With every song they grew closer.

As he marched back and forth to fill the time, Dream kept his phone in his hand, waiting for George to play him a song so he could give him a speedy response.

Patches was perched on the edge of the king sized bed that filled the majority of the cramped room. She licked her paws, grooming the sleek fur that covered her body as she purred softly. Dream caught a glimpse of the cat and chuckled to himself, amused by her elegance as he sat down next to her.

"Are you as bored as I am, Patches?" Dream sighed.

Patches looked up at him and cocked her head to the side before resuming her grooming session.

Dream groaned, "If only George would respond quicker."

He collapsed on the bed, falling flat on his back and making Patches jump in shock. The white sheets engulfed him and swallowed his body beneath the covers. Dream unlocked his phone and began to scroll through Twitter, like he had done a million times in the last hour. He liked a few pieces of fan art, some of which looked scarily similar to his actual face, and he responded to his friends tweets, playfully joking with them.

Fans had been going crazy, wondering why Dream hadn't streamed in over a week so he made a tweet reassuring everyone.

Hey guys! My city got hit by a storm and my power has been out for a week so I haven't been able to stream. Hopefully I'll be back to my normal schedule soon :)

Satisfied with the message, Dream posted it. Just as he tapped his screen to send the tweet he began to hear faint music. As he sat up in excitement he listened closely to the incoming song. The soft plucking of a guitar filled his ears and he closed his eyes, letting the music surround him.

Before long, Dream was no longer in a dingy hotel room but he was soaring through the air to the beat of the guitar. He spread his wings, floating through each note and diving across the sky with George by his side. Suddenly a warm, raspy voice joined in with the guitar and Dream imagined that it was George speaking to him.

Whenever I'm alone with you you make me feel like I am home again. Whenever I'm alone with you you make me feel like I am whole again.

Dream recognized the song almost immediately. It was Lovesong by Adele. A soft tambourine began to accompany the guitar and Adele's voice.

However far away I will always love you. However long I stay I will always love you. Whatever words I say I will always love you.

"I will always love you." Dream whispered under his breath along with the lyrics.

George was playing him a love song.

Dream was frozen on the bed with his heart beating out of his chest. He would have never guessed that George felt that way about him but now that he knew, he didn't know how to feel.

He cared about George and over the past week he had grown closer to him than ever before but did that mean that he loved him?

The words of the song resonated with Dream and he related to every lyric but he didn't want to ruin him and George's friendship by taking things too far. Instead, Dream listened to the song as he thought of what his next step should be.

However far away I will always love you. However long I stay I will always love you.

The lyrics echoed through his head and twisted his stomach into a knot. No one had ever made Dream feel so strongly before and as the song came to a close, his heart told him everything he needed to know.

Maybe him and George's connection meant they were destined to be more than friends.