Chaper Four: George

George stared at his screen, mouth open and eyes wide. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

He recounted the events that lead up to this moment as he watched two boys he had never heard of before play Minecraft.

George remembered waking up in the afternoon after a long, restless night, and deciding to stream while he practiced the MCC parkour course.

He started hearing the music again around halfway into his stream and only lasted an hour before his head started pounding and he decided to log off for the day.

He clicked around his screen while looking for someone to raid when he landed on the top of his discover page. A streamer named Dream was playing Minecraft on Hypixel.

As his headache worsened he didn't want to search any longer and decided to raid Dream since they were both streaming in the same category.

"Alright guys, I'm gonna send you over to a streamer named Dream." George remembers saying, trying to hide the fact that his head was pounding.

Now he sat frozen in his chair with shaking hands gripping the arm rests. The song he was hearing was no longer echoing through his brain but it was playing in his headphones.

"I don't believe it." He muttered to himself.

George's first thought was to call Wilbur even after their argument the night before. He stumbled out of his chair, catching himself by grabbing onto the side of his bed as he reached for his phone.

His hands shook as he scrolled through his contacts until he found Wilbur's number and frantically clicked the screen.

The phone rang a few times, vibrating against George's face.

"Hello?" Wilburs voice came through the speakers.

"Will, you're not going to be believe this," George positioned himself on the edge of his bed, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Don't tell me you're still going on about the music." George could hear the disappointment in Wilburs voice as he spoke.

"But- but I heard it again and then I raided this streamer and he- he was playing the song and-"

"Take a breath man," Wilbur sounded tired and annoyed. "You need help, George."

"Don't tell me I'm crazy, I'm not crazy!" George rubbed his temples to soothe his headache that never seemed to go away.

"I'm worried about you." Wilbur spoke softly and with sincerity, as if he was speaking to a child. "Tell me what's going on."

"I need to find out where the music is coming from and there's something telling me that-," George paused, questioning his own sanity for a moment. "Maybe this streamer can help."

"Don't tell me you truly believe that you are somehow connected to this random streamer because he was playing a song that's been stuck in your head."

"It's not stuck in my head, Will. I mean, I'd never even heard the song before other than when it plays in my brain." George stood up and paced back and forth before walking to his bathroom and staring at himself in the mirror.

"Do you hear yourself right now, man?" A slight rustling sound came from Wilburs end of the phone call. He was putting on his coat.

"What are you doing?" George inquired.

"I'm coming over and we're going to the hospital."

"No, don't!" George panicked, if Wilbur wouldn't listen to him he would have to take matters into his own hands. "Just give me a chance to message this streamer and figure things out."