Sharing bed

As lisa parked his car outside of jennie's building she had calmed down, and began to wipe away the running mascara from her cheeks. 

"I must look a mess."

Jennie muttered as she wiped her hands against her green dress. Before lisa could say anything jennie picked up lisa's bag that was on the floor of the front seat. It was another bag of lisa's things. 

"Oh sorry."

Lisa said as he reached for it.

"I forgot I left that one there." 

Jennie snapped back and pulled the bag against her,

"You moved out?" 

"Not really. Like I said it's complicated. I was actually going to spend the night at a hotel." 

"No, you're not friend. Come on."

Jennie said as she got out of the car with the bag still in her hands. 

Lisa got out and kept in stride with jennie,

"I don't know if that'd be such a good idea." 

"Please, I'm not going to let a friend sleep in a hotel, come on. And you can tell me what you did wrong and I'll help you fix it." 

"What I did wrong?"

Lisa sputtered out angrily and jennie just let out a slight chuckle.

"Oh okay, what you both did wrong,"

When they reached the elevator jennie turned to face lisa,

"Look, to be honest, I just don't want to be alone after what happened. But if you don't want to stay, it'll be okay, I totally understand."

The elevator doors opened as lisa just stared at jennie, she handed lisa his bag, and seeing as lisa wasn't moving jennie leaned forward and kissed lisa's cheek,

"Thanks for the ride."

Jennie simply said as she turned and walked into the elevator.

As the doors began to close lisa stuck his hand in,

"Wait."

Lisa said as he walked into it.

*********

Lisa sat on the couch as jennie went to change, when she came back lisa could tell that jennie had washed the make up off her face, and was able to see a few faint freckles.

Jennie was wearing a pair of baggy sweats and a fitted t shirt, her hair still up in the high bun. jennie jumped over the back of the couch like she did the last time lisa was there and handed him a bottle of water as she opened another. 

"Thank you for the carpet by the way."

Jennie said as she took a sip out of it.

"You didn't have to do that. It's not like I'm going to live forever, but it was a nice sentiment." 

"It's the least I can do. How long are you planning on staying if you don't mind me asking." 

Jennie shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't know, like I said I got this place on the sole purpose to be here for the wedding, but they can't seem to decide on a date. So I'm stuck with place for a while longer. I just wish they would just elope and get it over with." 

They both laughed as jennie reached over to turn the television on. After mindless channel surfing lisa finally asked.

"What happened back there?"