Part 8: Feel the vibe, Walz

"Dinah you don't understand! Lauren is my boss! Lauren Jauregui! The girl that found me in a toilet sucking dicks as a side job, is my boss! And she chose me to be the team leader? This can't be a coincidence!" Camila fretted, pacing back an forth while Dinah sat on the couch with a wine.

"Stop stressing, Chancho! Look, she doesn't know your real name, just calm down. At five o'clock Lauren is going to call you and you guys talk till six when Ally shows up to tutor you. Just, I don't know. Feel the vibe, Walz." Dinah told her, downing the rest of her wine and moving to her room.

"Where are you going?!" Camila asked panicked.

"Phone, Walz." Dinah yelled back just as the land line started to ring and the Cubans heart sped up exponentially,.

Hesitantly, Camila answered the phone after a few more rings, "hello?"

"Hey Karla! I didn't think you were going to pick up," Lauren confessed.

Camila laughed nervously into the phone, "that's crazy, Lauren! Why wouldn't I pick up? It's not like I'm avoiding you or anything!" She rambled.

"Woah, calm down Karla. I was just teasing you," Lauren laughed.

Camila laughed with her, feeling slightly more at ease. "How's work, Miss CEO?" Camila asked, taking a seat on the couch.

 "Work's good! We're currently expanding one of my side business at the moment and I'm really excited to see how it goes!" Lauren told her, swivelling in her chair to face the skyline.

"Oh?" Camila started, "tell me more. What are the secrets of the business world Lauren Jauregui?" She teased.

Lauren chuckled on the other side of the line before crossing her legs. "Well it's apart of my new real-estate department. My friend Ryan is in charge of it. My priority is to slowly change entire neighbour hoods that have been labelled 'bad', into good, family friendly neighbour hoods that are affordable." She told her.

"That's amazing, Lauren. How's it going so far?" Camila asked.

"It's good, we've just doubled our team and I help hand pick each person and there roles. I'm excited to see how everyone goes and if the team will get along or not. Fingers crossed they do," Lauren chuckled. 

"Who'd you pick? Who do you need to flip houses I mean, like, what jobs are required?" Camila reiterated.

"Well, you need a secretary, an accountant, a builder, landscaper, someone to watch the market and scope the houses pros and cons, and interior designer, and last but not least you need a team leader. Someone that can bring it all together and make sure it works. They have the final say kind of." Lauren told her.

"Wow, that sounds like a really big job... What make's the team leader so special?" Camila asked.

"Well..." Lauren paused to think for a moment, turning back to her desk to look at the files. "Well they have to be smart, cunning. They have to be a good team player and know what they want." She told the Cuban.

"And this person you hired, you're sure they're all that?" Camila asked nervously.

"No, but I have a good feeling about them. She's got a lot to learn but she's smart. Probably the smartest person I hired on the team. I trust her." Lauren told her confidently.

"Have you ever met her?" Camila asked.

"No, not personally. But I trust my gut and I trust Ryan." A knock on Laurens door brought her out of her thoughts.

"Ms. Jauregui, your driver is here and ready to take you to your six o'clock dinner with your parents." Her secretary told her. 

"Thank you, Normani. Hey Karla, I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow, alright?" Lauren asked, shuffling her files together.

"Sounds good, Lauren. Talk to you tomorrow." Camila replied before hanging up, just in time for Ally to knock on her own door.

"Hey Ally, you're early?" Camila asked as she answered her door.

"I know, I hope you don't mind? Traffic was fairly light on the way here." Ally told her, shrugging her back up her shoulder.

"No no, of course I don't mind. Come in, come in." Camila told her, ushering the smaller girl into the apartment and closing the door behind her.

"Karla are you listening to me?" Ally asked as she waved her hand in front of the Cubans face.

"Huh? Sorry Ally, what did you say?" Camila asked as she zoned back in.

Ally just sighed and closed the text book. "I was asking if you knew how to calculate the rate of interest as 2.3% per annum over a fifty year period. Don't worry about it, I can see something's on your mind. What's up?" Ally asked.

"Oh it's nothing. I'm just a little stressed abut the new job... But I do know how to calculate interest over an extended period of time." Camila told her teacher.

"What's wrong with your new job?" Ally asked, packing away her stuff.

"Nothings wrong with it, it's actually perfect... I just didn't get the job I thought I got and I'm worried I'm not qualified enough for it." Camila confessed.

"What job did you get?" Ally asked curiously.

"Well I thought I was going to be a secretary but they actually made me the team leader. And I'm really honoured and grateful, don't get me wrong! But I just... I don't know anything about what I'm doing. It kind of feels like they're setting me up for failure..." She confessed to the older woman.

"Well... Did you talk to you boss about this?" Ally asked.

"Yeah, I did. They said that they can see greatness in me, and that I should take time to think it over, read about it and then get back to them. They believe in me but if I don't feel ready for the responsibility that they can find me a different role in the team. I just... I don't want to let them down. I want to do this, I do. I just don't know how, Ally." Camila told Ally, Ally sitting back and listening carefully.

"Well, why don't you just do what they suggested. Take your time, think it over and read more about the job and it's responsibilities. You're a very capable young woman Karla, and I believe you can handle anything given or thrown at you. You just need to learn about it first, like math." Ally told her, tapping the notebook in front of her student.

Camila laughed at the blondes words. "You're right, Ally. Thank you, I needed that. Did you want to keep going? I swear I'll concentrate this time." Camila told her.

"No I better get going, it's getting pretty late and I have a teachers meeting in the morning before class starts. I'll see you Monday, Karla." Ally told her, moving towards the door. "Oh! And congratulations on the promotion!"

"Alright, thanks Ally. I'll see you Monday!" Camila yelled back as the blonde slipped out the door and closed it behind herself.